Kelly Sildaru is a 15 year old Freestyle skier. She is a Red Bull Athlete that is a rising star in the industry and has many firsts.
- Youngest person to win two Gold’s in XGames
- First person to win Gold for her home country of Estonia.
- Won Gold in Slopestyle at the XGames in 2015, 2016, 2017.
- Won Silver in Big Air in 2016 & 2017.
- Dominated the Dew Tour with Gold in Slopestyle in 2016 and 2017.
- In 2017 Kelly became the first woman to ever land a Switch 1260° Mute and a 1440° during a competition, at the Winter X Games in Norway.
She was in New Zealand this season competing at the World Cup where she won Gold in Slopestyle and Silver in Halfpipe.
Kelly stayed in New Zealand to continue her training for the upcoming season which will be the lead to the 2018 Peyoungchang Olympics in South Korea.
She released this statement on September 14, after she was injured during her training.
“Hello Friends, Fans and Sponsors. I wanted to be the first to tell you about a recent training crash I had. While in New Zealand this past week, I fell and twisted my knee while training for the upcoming season. At this time I am taking all pre cautions and will be flying home to be evaluated and determine what is next in recovery. Fortunately I was able to get two great results at my first World Cup’s of the season to help secure my place in the Olympics. However, until I get home and see my team of doctors and specialist we don’t know how long I will be off skis or what the injury really is, but I am determined to put the work in to be back as soon as possible, but also will want to be 100% to ensure a long career. I truly thank you for all the support and I promise once we have more info and knowledge of my situation over the next couple of weeks we will be back to provide updates.
All my best
We wish her all the best in her recovery and hope to see her at this coming Winter Olympics in Peyoungchang. We can’t wait to see what she can do on the international stage.