It’s no secret that it’s been a rough winter on the East Coast so it’s great to see these two ski resorts doing everything they can to keep it going as long as possible: Sugarloaf & Sunday River
- This is the latest they’ve ever made snow in their 65-year history.
- Made snow on Sunday and early on Monday and they’ll be blowing snow all day today.
- They’ve made snow for 1,400 hours this winter!
“Screw it. When Mother Nature serves you a crap sandwich, sometimes you just have to say ‘Thank you for this crap sandwich. I’ll take another.’” – Sugarloaf General Manager Karl Strand
“He is bat-crap crazy. I mean truly nuts. Who the hell makes snow in April?” – Vice President of Mountain Operations Rich “Crusher” Wilkinson
image: sugarloaf, today
- 87-days of snowmaking this year.
- Winner of the HKD I AM a Snowmaker Award
Temperatures are going to be great for snowmaking in Maine today with a high of 26ºF and a low tonight of 10ºF. Hopefully they can get enough snow on the ground today to keep skiing fun into the weekend.