Mother Earth giveth and Mother Earth taketh away. Last weekend we were still fired up on the possibility of Beartooth Basin being open until mid July. Then they got a bunch of rain last week which damaged their snowpack to the point where they’ll have to close on Tuesday.
Beartooth’s skiing and riding void is quickly being filled by Whistler who opens up their awesome summer park this weekend through late July. All the while Timberline will just be chugging along. They’ve been open since November and won’t close until September.
You can still ski from the trams a Snowbird & Jackson Hole, but these options are getting less and less feasible every week as the snow melts away and gets sun cupped.
CLOSING DATES FOR SKI RESORTS IN N. AMERICA:
– Timberline, OR = September
– Beartooth Basin, MT/WY = June 25th
– Whistler Blackcomb, B.C. = July 28th
– Jackson Hole Tram, WY = until the snow runs out… (this is still doable as of last week. We have a report coming from June 5th shortly. Check out the photo below.)
– Snowbird Tram, UT = until the snow runs out… (Check out report of skiing from the Snowbird tram last week: Snowbird Tram ski conditions)
Valle Nevado, Nevados de Chillan, Catedral, Portillo, and Cerro Castor are OPEN right now in South America…
Check out opening dates for S.A.: South American Ski Resort Opening Dates
If you’re bi-hemispherical, winter just rolls on.