Outside Magazine recently put together a list of 5 runs that you need to ski or snowboard before you die. It’s a good list and it got us thinking. We need to come up with a list like this of our own. Maybe two lists. One list of 5 runs you need to ride inbounds before you die and one list of 5 runs you need to ride in the backcountry before you die. There are some great runs on this list, but there are also some great runs that are missing from this list.
If you could one ski or ride only 5 more runs, which runs would you pick?
5 RUNS YOU NEED TO SKI BEFORE YOU DIE:
1. Corbett’s Couloir, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
2. The Back Bowls of Mt. Annupurri, Niseko, Japan
3. Valle Blanche, Chamonix, France
4. Warm Springs, Sun Valley, Idaho
5. Birds of Prey, Beaver Creek, Colorado
Read Outside Magazine’s full article here:
5 Runs You Need to Ride Before You Die
6 thoughts on “5 Runs You Need to Ski Before You Die:”
delirium dive – sunshine village
1 Eddies High Nowhere
3 Patsy Marley
4 Lake Chutes
Glen Plake that’s who.
Attention W/B Ski Patrol. Be on the look out for Matt Henderson, who, in no particular order, skis PC lines .
Who skis PC lines and talks about it anyway?
Davenport’s 50 Classics book has a solid list of North American backcountry lines.
Umm. Have you not been to Whistler/Blackcomb? 5 W/B runs that you need to ride in no particular order:
2. Don’t Miss (In bounds, permanently closed)
3. Days of the Week Chutes (Fridays, etc., in bounds, permanently closed)
5. Christmas Chute (In bounds, permanently closed)