Lake Tahoe just got 4-8″ of snow yesterday. NOAA is now forecasting another 1-2 feet of snow for Tuesday and Wednesday morning. They’re saying 6-12″ above 4,000-feet and 1-2 feet of snow on the higher peaks.
This is one of our biggest storms of the year and it’s happening very late after much of our base has melted away and many of our ski resorts have closed.
Nevertheless, this is a great thing and the boys sill be charging. Just don’t forget how bony things are and take it as easy as you can.
NOAA WINTER STORM WARNING:
…SPRING SNOW OVER THE MOUNTAINS TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY…
.AN UNUSUALLY COLD SPRING STORM WILL BEGIN TO IMPACT THE COASTALRANGE AND SHASTA COUNTY MOUNTAINS TONIGHT…AND THE SIERRA NEVADATOWARDS TUESDAY MORNING. THIS STORM WILL BRING SIGNIFICANT SNOW TOTHE MOUNTAINS OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA OVERNIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY. DECREASING SNOW SHOWERS EXPECTED LATE TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY. MOTORISTS IN THE MOUNTAINS ABOVE 3500 FEET SHOULD BE PREPARED FORHAZARDOUS WINTER DRIVING CONDITIONS INCLUDING SNOW COVERED SLIPPERY ROADS AND REDUCED VISIBILITY.
…WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TUESDAY TOMIDNIGHT PDT TUESDAY NIGHT ABOVE 3500 FEET…
* IMPACTS: HAZARDOUS TRAVEL LIKELY OVER THE MOUNTAINS WITH CHAINCONTROLS AND TRAVEL DELAYS…ESPECIALLY THROUGH THE DAY TUESDAY.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 7 TO 15 INCHES. LOCALLY UP TO 2 FEET OVERHIGHER PEAKS.
* ELEVATION: ABOVE 3500 FEET.
* TIMING: MOUNTAIN SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP AFTER MIDNIGHT…BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAYAFTERNOON.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: CHESTER…QUINCY…LASSEN NATIONAL PARK…BLUE CANYON…DONNER PASS…ECHO SUMMIT…CARSON PASS…INTERSTATE 80…HIGHWAYS 50 AND 88.
* WINDS: SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST WIND 10 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 45MPH OVER HIGHER TERRAIN.