Alpenglow Expeditions announced on Saturday that they finally have a concrete plan for the first stage of reopening after the threat of COVID-19 forced their small business to close for almost 9 weeks. They are accepting reservations today!
“In partnership with the US Forest Service, we’ve crafted a reopening plan that allows us to resume guiding operations in the Tahoe National Forest. Starting this Saturday, 5/16 we’ll be open for guiding in North Lake Tahoe including rock climbing, mountaineering, and backcountry skiing skills courses. Our comprehensive reopening plan includes guiding in small private groups, social distancing measures, and other significant changes. We anticipate offering open-enrollment courses in mid-June, but we’ll adjust this date as necessary.”
– Owner & Lead Guide Logan Talbott
At this time, the Tahoe Via Ferrata is still on hold but they’re optimistic that they can open SOON and will send an additional update as soon as they get approval.
- Related: Explore The Squaw Valley, CA Backcountry This Season With Two New Offerings From Alpenglow Expeditions
After more than two months of being shut down, this is the first step towards reopening their business. While super excited to get climbing, they understand that many members of the Alpenglow family, specifically in the Bay Area and elsewhere, are still under shelter-in-place orders. They want you to know that they will be ready for you when travel restrictions are relaxed. They can’t wait to climb with you, hopefully soon. They’re eager to be one of the first businesses to reopen in Tahoe and are prepared to do so responsibly.
WHAT PROGRAMS ARE AVAILABLE STARTING MAY 16?
ROCK CLIMBING SKILLS
– Rock Anchoring & Gear Placement (Please book a day of Private Rock Guiding)
– Learn to Lead Climb (Please book a day of Private Rock Guiding)
– Self Rescue for Rock Climbers (Please book a day of Private Rock Guiding)
– Intro to Mountaineering course (Please book a day of Private Rock Guiding)
– Glacier Travel and Crevasse Rescue (Please book a day of Private Rock Guiding)
BACKCOUNTRY SKIING SKILLS COURSES
– Intro to Backcountry** (Please book a day of Private Ski Guiding)
– Into Ski Mountaineering** (Please book a day of Private Ski Guiding)
READY TO BOOK?
Their reservation system is open and accepting bookings. If you are still feeling uncertain, they’ve also relaxed their cancellation policy to make booking worry-free. Book a day out with them and if they can’t be open due to COVID-19, you’ll get a credit to use at a later date or a full refund.