Arapahoe Basin ski area in Colorado just announced that they will be reopening on Wednesday, May 27th 2020.
They are going to stay open as long as they can and have not announced a closing date yet.
“We have been given an extraordinary opportunity. We need to take this very seriously and we need to respect the guidance given by our Summit County and State of Colorado health officials. We have to open in a responsible way. We need everyone to help.
1. Skier numbers will be limited. RESERVATIONS WILL BE REQUIRED. DO NOT SHOW UP WITHOUT A RESERVATION. We will sell a very small number of lift tickets. The vast majority of the available space will be reserved at no cost for pass holders, including A-Basin only, A-Basin anyday, Ikon and Mountain Collective passes.. Not everyone will get the chance to ski every day.
2. Tailgating and social gatherings will be prohibited. We can party next season. The re-opening is all about giving people a chance to ski and ride.
3. Physical distancing will be strictly enforced. You will be required to wear a face mask in the base area, in the lift line, in restrooms and other places.”
– Arapahoe Basin, 5/24/20
- Pallavicini Lift (serving West Wall and Grizzly Road, while conditions last)
- Black Mountain Express Lift
- Lenawee Lift
Hour of Operation:
- Lift hours: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Reservations required)
- Uphill access: 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m. (A-Basin Uphill Access Pass required; must be off the hill by 8:00 a.m.)
- Parking lot gates will be locked 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m.
- Please do not arrive prior to 7:30 a.m.
Social distancing, masks, and reservations will be required to ski and ride.
Thus far, only 2 other ski resorts have reopened: Timberline Lodge, OR and Mt. Bachelor, OR.
- Timberline Ski Resort, OR Will Open on Friday, May 15th
- Mt. Bachelor, OR Will Open From May 16th-24th to Passholders Only
Beartooth Basin, MT/WY will open for the summer ski season on May 30th.
Full Arapahoe Basin reopening details below: