The early winter snowfall has been great, resorts have been making snow for a couple of weeks now, so can we finally get excited about shredding New Zealand or Australia yet?
Hell yes! There are resorts open already, Perisher was the first Australian resort to open just today, and others will be opening this weekend in both New Zealand and Australia.
What are you waiting for? You’ve waited all summer for this!
Open right now:
- Manganui Ski Area, NZ
- The Remarkables, NZ
- Perisher, AUS
- Both Cardrona and Coronet Peak, NZ opened last weekend for a teaser. Full opening 16th June
Projected to open this weekend:
- Mt. Hutt Ski Area, NZ – 8th June
- Dinner Plain, AUS – 9th June
- Mt. Hotham, AUS – 9th June
- Mt. Buller, AUS – 9th June
- Mt. Baw Baw Alpine Resort, AUS – 9th June
- Falls Creek Alpine Resort, AUS – 9th June
- Thredbo Alpine Resort, AUS – 9th June
- Selwyn Snowfields, AUS – 9th June
- Charlotte Pass, AUS – 9th June
Over the last couple of days, Coronet Peak, NZ reported 10″ in 24-hours and both The Remarkables and Cardrona, NZ 5″. The season has well and truly begun!