Brought to you by 10 Barrel Brewing
Report from Saturday, December 12th, 2020
I was driving from Jackson, WY to Park City, UT yesterday when a flashing sign told me that I-80 west in Wyoming was closed.
I took a detour around Bear Lake and ended up at the foot of Beaver Mountain, UT.
Beaver Mountain Stats:
- 400″+ average annual snowfall
- 8,860′ top elevation
- 828 acres
I saw fresh tracks up there, pulled in, and was stoked on what I saw.
A gorgeous little ski hill with a thriving backcountry community and a ski area clearly supporting that community.
I jumped on the well-trodden skin track and zipped up to the top of 8,800′ Beaver Mountain.
There was around 2-4″ of new snow and the skiing up high was quite good.
I skied from top to bottom and loved every second of it.
This place is rad.
I can’t wait to come back here when they’re open and explore every inch.
Recent Backcountry Reports:
- 12/11/20 – Tetons Range, WY Report: Ugly Skiing in a Gorgeous Chute in Tricky Snow
- 12/10/20 – Teton Range, WY Report: Steep Skiing in a Tight Chute in Tough Snow
- 12/9/20 – Teton Range, WY Report: Schoodeling in Good Powder Up High
- 12/8/20 – Teton Mts, WY Backcountry Report: South-Faces Aren’t Exactly Corn…
- 12/2/20 – Wasatch Mts, UT Backcountry Report: Suicide Chute on Mt. Superior in Low Tide
- 11/28/20 – Teton, WY Backcountry Report: Good Turns + 3cm Surface Hoar…
- 11/25/20 – Teton, WY Backcountry Report: 6″ of New Snow | Not Bad for November…
- 11/13/20 – Alta, UT Report: Friday The 13th Wind-Buff & I Only Hit 6 Rocks
- 11/12/20 – Alta, UT Report: Deep Dry Powder in Main Chute & I Only Hit 12 Rocks