Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, CO will open for the 2018/19 season on Friday, October 19th, 2018. The lifts will start spinning at 9:00am on Friday. They will be the second ski resort in North America to open for the season, unless Loveland Ski Area, CO is able to open before them.
Black Mountain Express will be spinning from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Friday. Skiers and riders will have access to the High Noon run.
Opening Day Details:
Arapahoe Sports is open seven days a week.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Food & Beverage
Locations & Hours:
- Marnie’s (3rd Floor A-Frame):
- Open 7 days a week for grab ‘n go breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Open at 8:00 a.m. on Opening Day for 6th Alley Mug Club sales
- Mugs are $45
- One mug per person
- Must be present with valid I.D. to purchase
- 6th Alley Bar & Grill – now serving breakfast seven days a week!
- Monday through Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, Saturday, & Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Lunch is available starting at 10:30 a.m. seven days a week.
- Black Mountain Lodge
- Building Open: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Lunch: 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
All of the following locations will be fully operational:
- Pass Office/Guest Services: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. every day
- Phones: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. every day
- Epic Passes (Kids Center): Do you need to pick up your Vail Resorts Epic Pass? Go to the Kids Center lobby/check-in area Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. until Keystone opens (scheduled for November 9).
Black Mountain Express
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For the best guaranteed rate on single-day lift tickets, purchase your ticket online in advance at tickets.arapahoebasin.com.
Season pass holders at any ski area in North America are eligible for lift ticket discounts (when purchasing your ticket at the mountain) just by joining the A-Basin Club. Learn more here.
Our parking lots open at 6:30 a.m. Guests can park in Early Riser, High Noon, Last Chance and Upper Last Chance Lots. There is pay parking available in our Admin Lot for $30 on a first come, first served basis.
*Lift ticket discounts and reserved parking spaces are available to guests who carpool with 3+ people in a car.
Ski and snowboard rentals are available seven days a week.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The A-Basin Snowsports School is open seven days a week for the following lessons:
Value season private lessons (every day through November 16, 2017)
- Pricing (good for up to 4 people, skiers and/or snowboarders)
- Full day (4 hours, a.m. start): $335
- Half-day (2 hours, a.m. or p.m. start): $215
- One-hour (a.m. start): $115
The Base ‘n’ Edge Tune Shop is open seven days a week.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.