California has had a solid winter thanks to El Nino. 7 CA ski resorts have seen over 400″ of snowfall and 2 of them have seen over 500″. All this means that California ski resorts will be staying open late this year.
Squaw will be staying open 7-days a week until the end of May for the first time since 2006!
Mammoth will most likely stay open until the 4th of July…. They currently have a 200″ base…
CLOSING DATES for CALIFORNIA SKI RESORTS:
- Mammoth = June, but they may stay open until the 4th of July…
- Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows = May 30th
- Heavenly = April 24th
- Boreal = April 17th
- Kirkwood = April 17th
- Northstar = April 17th
- Homewood = April 17th
- Sierra at Tahoe = TBD (most likely mid-April)
- Sugar Bowl =TBD (most likely mid-April)
- Bear Mountain = April 10th
- Snow Summit = April 10th