video from September 16th, 2013 by the Associated Press
Colorado’s 500 Year Flood by the Numbers:
– unknown amount of damage caused
– 4 confirmed dead, 2 assumed dead
– Hundreds of people are missing
– 1,500 homes completely destroyed
– 17,00+ homes damaged
– 11,700+ people evacuated
– Some towns cut off for days by flooding
This is being called a 500-year flood in Colorado meaning that this is the biggest flood that Colorado would see each 500-year period.
5 thoughts on “Colorado’s 500-Year Flood by the Numbers | Hundred of People Missing”
If this was winter this would translate to 500 inches of snow in a week !
Hang in there Colorado!
Raining cats and dogs at a whole new level…