[Sponsored by: Crystal Mountain Resort, WA]
If you’re a parent looking to get your kids on the slopes while enjoying some time to yourself, Crystal Mountain Resort, WA is the place for you. They have a plethora of lessons available to meet the needs of your child.
Helpful Info For All Lessons:
- Allow yourself plenty of time to park, use the restroom, and get rental equipment (if needed).
- Registration closes 30-minutes prior to lesson start time. Please allow plenty of time for registration.
- Lessons start promptly at their designated time.
- Gratuities are not a requirement but an appropriate and appreciated gesture.
- Classes are assigned by age and ability level.
While your kids learn how to enjoy the lifelong sport of skiing or snowboarding, it’s time for you, as a parent, to enjoy yourself. From skiing to live music to snowshoeing, Crystal Mountain Resort has you covered for some fun on the mountain.
If it’s your child’s first time on the mountain, Crystal Mountain has a First Day Experience lesson that allows them to get a feel for skiing or snowboarding. The program provides participants with knowledge from equipment basics to the fundamentals that allow them to enjoy the resort’s easiest green runs.
First Day Experience Program:
What To Expect:
- Learn about your equipment and the mountain environment
- Coaching on how to stop and how to get up from a fall
- Learn how to make turns of all sizes
- Gain confidence with rhythm and speed
- Instruction on getting on and off a chairlift
- Half Day Morning Lesson: 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Half Day Afternoon Lesson: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- $128 (Half day lesson, Discovery lift ticket, & Equipment rental)
If you’re kids have already been out on the slopes, there’s plenty of options for daily lessons. These are held to build upon the skills that your child already has. They are offered for children ages 4-6, youth ages 7-15, and adults over the age of 16.
What To Expect:
- Time with professional instructors
- Education based on participant’s skill levels
- Real-time feedback
- Plenty of fun
- Full Day Lesson: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Half Day Lesson: 10:00am – 12:00pm or 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Full Day Lesson: $168 – $178 (Includes lunch, plus a lift ticket for ages 4-6)
- Half Day Lesson: $128 – $138 (Includes lift ticket for ages 4-6)
Full Day Lesson Itinerary For Parents:
- 8:00am: Arrive at the mountain and sign the kids up for a lesson
- 8:30am: Grab some coffee & breakfast at the Chinook Café
- 9:00am: Catch first chair with the kids before their lesson
- 9:30am: Drop the kids off at the Snowsports School for their 10:00am lesson
- 10:00am: Enjoy some time exploring Crystal Mountain Resort’s 10 chairlifts with access to well over 50 runs
- 12:00pm: Take in the views and enjoy some great food and refreshing drinks at Washington’s Highest Elevation Restaurant
- 1:00pm: Enjoy some time exploring Crystal Mountain Resort’s 10 chairlifts with access to well over 50 runs
- 3:00pm: Pick the kids up from their lesson and enjoy a couple more runs where they can show off their newly acquired skills
- 4:00pm: Talk about the awesome day with the kids while enjoying some time on the sundeck at the Fireside Cafe
Scenic Gondola Rides:
- If you’re at the mountain without a pair of skis, you’re in luck. Enjoy a ride up the Mt. Rainier Gondola, where you’ll travel nearly 2,500 vertical feet. Atop, you’ll be able to take in the incredible views of Mt. Rainier and the Cascades.
- Price: $25 or less
- Make the most of your time at the mountain and embark on a Snowshoe & Sip event. On this tour, you’ll follow an expert guide through the beautiful area before dining and sampling some refreshments from the respective brewery, winery, or cidery.
- Price: $99
- What’s Included:
- Complimentary chairlift ride on Gold Hills Chairlift
- Snowshoe and pole rental
- Guided snowshoe tour
- Plated group dinner paired with a tasting in the Bullwheel Restaurant
- There’s plenty of opportunities to enjoy live music at Crystal Mountain Resort.
- Mountain Music Series: Every Saturday from 2:00pm – 5:00pm on the Sundeck
- Snorting Elk: Live music Fridays and Saturdays starting at 9:00pm
- Service is better on the mountain. Every Sunday you can enjoy Non-denominational and Catholic Mass on the mountain.
- Non-denominational: 11:30am – 12:00pm
- Catholic Mass: 12:30pm – 1:00pm
If you’re looking to introduce your children to the lifelong sport of skiing or snowboarding, while enjoying yourself, Crystal Mountain Resort has you covered.
For more information on all the things to do while you’re at the resort, check out their website.