Amtrack suspended train service from Denver, CO to Winter Park, CO back in 2009 after 69 years of operation due to diminishing returns.
They ran a test run last March to see if they could spark interest. They did and now that spark has started a fire.
The Denver Post is reporting that 3,300 Denver – Winter Park train tickets were sold in the first 24 hours of availability yesterday!
DENVER – WINTER PARK TRAIN DETAILS:
- 500 passenger trains
- Will run 26 select days between January 7th, 2016 – March 26th, 2016
- Early bird prices are $39 one way – thees prices will rise to $49 and $59 as ticket demand increases
- Child tickets (2-12) are half price with a ticketed adult
- Trains leave Denver at 7am and arrive at Winter Park at 9am
- Trains leave Winter Park at 4:30pm and arrive in Denver at 6:40pm
- Group sales have been popular as people are buying out whole train cars to party
- Tickets are on sale now at Amtrak.com/WinterParkExpress