ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only urlCatedral ski resort in Bariloche, Argentina was closed yesterday due to high winds and a wet storm. Snow levels were high. It likely rained to the top yesterday. As the storm was ending, it got cold and dropped some good snow. Everyday since August 2nd here has either been a powder day or the mountain has been completely closed.
This morning was bluebird. I ran straight up Nubes and found ok snow. It was very wind pressed and punchy and I nailed a rock on my first lap. As I was coming down Nubes they opened the chair. I stayed and got in 3 more runs before deciding to check out La Laguna.
When I got to Laguna I realized that made a mistake that morning. La Laguna had much better snow and much more of it. Laguna has a bit more wind protection and a bit less elevation compared to Nubes.
I got in 4 laps in La Laguna and it was damn fun. Soft snow, a bit dense in spots, but terrific overall. You could huck, but you needed a steep landing. The couple flatterish landings I had were thumpers.
I didn’t see any evidence of avalanches or instability today. There wasn’t that much new snow. Maybe up to a foot of new snow in spots, but it really depended on the wind and what it did to each zone.
Tomorrow’s forecast is showing big wind and a bit of snow. Hopefully they can get some terrain open. The rest of the week shows a warm up and no real snow.