Blowing and drifting snow and high wind caused the Montana Department of Transportation to close 10,947′ Beartooth Pass on US-212 yesterday at 7:30pm and the pass is still closed as of this writing at 8:45pm MT.
BEARTOOTH PASS IS CLOSED AT STATELINE DUE TO HIGH WINDS, SNOW, BLOWING/DRIFTING. SHOWERS ARE TO LAST UNTIL FRI NITE/SAT MORN. TRAVELERS LEAVING RED LODGE WILL NEED TO TURN AROUND AT THE STATELINE AND RETURN TO RED LODGE. WY SIDE WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.. EXPECT RAPIDLY CHANGING CONDITIONS THRU TO SATURDAY. TRAVEL SAFELY
– Montana Department of Transportation, Today
The closure goes from Vista Point on the Montana side to Stateline on the Wyoming side.
There is currently no estimated time of reopening for Beartooth Pass.
Pretty awesome that we’re having road closures in Montana/Wyoming in late-June!
Snow has been falling all over the west the past couple of days including in Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado.
- NOAA: Winter Weather Advisory Issued for Colorado | Open Resort A-Basin Could See Upto 10″ Fresh Pow!
- Don’t Celebrate Summer Just Yet | It’s Snowing at Steamboat Resort, CO
- Fresh Snow at Timberline Lodge Ski Resort, OR Today & They Are Open
- NOAA: Winter Weather Advisory Issued for Montana | Big Sky Could See Big Snow | Moving Into Colorado Fri-Sat