The holidays are officially here, and for those heading to the mountains to soak up the season, Big Bear Mountain Resort and Mammoth Mountain have a festive lineup of special events planned for the entire family.
From the 58th Annual New Years’ Eve Torch Light Parade at Big Bear’s Snow Summit to Mammoth Mountain’s Night of Holiday Lights, now is the perfect time to start planning your holiday trip to the mountains.
Big Bear Mountain Resort
- Santa comes to Snow Summit on Saturday, Dec. 17, from 11 am – 3 pm for free photos
- 58th Annual Torchlight Parade on NYE (since ‘64) – from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Night Sessions: Dec. 25- Jan. 1 – Ride under the stars at Snow Summit
- Night of Holiday Lights on Saturday, December 7, from 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm: this one-of-a-kind evening is back this year at Canyon Lodge. This free event celebrates the holiday season with a firework spectacular that lights up the Sierra Sky. Enjoy outdoor family activities, including fire pits, snowmobile rides, a sledding hill, and a light experience – keep your eyes out for Woolly and Santa!
- Weekend Après Parties kick-off for the season on December 23 & 24. Head to the Canyon Lodge Sundeck every Friday and Saturday from 2:00 pm–5:00 pm to enjoy a DJ spinning tunes from the elevated gondola car.
- New Year’s Eve Snowshoe Tour from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Kids NYE Kickoff (W/ Fireworks) from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm – Ring in the New Year in The Village Plaza with family-friendly festivities and a fireworks spectacular. For an elevated experience, enjoy exclusive access to the Village Gondola deck for prime firework viewing, plus plenty of tasty treats.