***UPDATED at 2:00pm PT on 3/15/20
Jackson Hole, WY will be closed fo the rest of the season due to Coronavirus.
Jackson Hole Press Release:
(March 15, 2020) – Teton Village, WY -Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) is closed for the remainder of the winter season in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information will be forthcoming later today. Visit jacksonhole.com for updates.
***ORIGINAL ARTICLE from 8:45am PT on 3/15/20
Jackson Hole, WY has closed today due to big snow and Coronavirus.
It isn’t clear if they are closed for just today, for the week, or for the season.
Jackson Hole has seen 23″ of snowfall in the past 24-hours.
- As of 7:29am today, Jackson Hole had announced that they were open for the day today and had not announced any closure.
- At 7:30am, Jackson Hole announced that the resort was on a temporary hold due to big snow and Coronavirus
- At 8:40am, Jackson Hole announced that the resorts would be closed for the day due to big snow and Coronavirus.
- As of this writing at 9:37am MT, Jackson Hole has not announced their future plans for opening or closure due to Coronavirus.
We’re assuming they’ll be closed for the rest of the season due to Coronavirus like so many other ski resorts in North America.
Nearby Grand Targhee, WY ski resort is open today.
- List of All Ski Resorts CLOSED Due To Coronavirus
- Alterra CLOSES All 14 Of Its Ski Resorts “Until Further Notice”
- Vail Resorts CLOSING ALL North American Ski Resorts for One Week Due to Coronavirus
Jackson Hole announced a temporary HOLD at 7:30am MT today:
Due to heavy snowfall and safety precautions with COVID -19, all operations at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort will temporarily be on hold. Due to road closures, a limited ski patrol staff will be working on hazard reduction efforts. Please check Jacksonhole.com for all updates on the status of our operations before coming out to Teton Village. We thank you for your understanding and your patience during this ever evolving situation.
More information here: https://www.jacksonhole.com//weather-snow-report.html
– Jackson Hole, 3/15/20
Jackson Hole announced full CLOSURE of the ski resort at 8:40am MT today:
JHMR will remain closed for today Sunday, March 15. We will keep you informed regarding further updates to our operations. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
– Jackson Hole, 3/15/20