Mammoth Mountain, CA was open for 222 days in a row this season.
They just closed yesterday and yesterday was damn fun.
The day was cooler.
50ºF was the high and there was a stiff breeze.
The cooler temps kept the snow great all day.
Drop Out off Chair 23 was skiing great and so was the Cornice Bowl groomer.
I’d never personally skied at a North American ski resort this late in the year.
It was great to ski so late.
I usually feel a bit melancolie on my last day of the season, but what I felt yesterday was much different.
I felt satisfied. Very very satisfied.
After skiing yesterday – we had another grand adventure:
- We drove the Mammoth Lakes Scenic Loop
- We drove the June Lake Scenic Loop – raging waterfalls & stunning scenery abound
- We drove up over 9,945′ Tioga Pass, Yosemite, CA
- We went on a mini hike in Tuolumne Meadows
- We stopped at Olmstead Point and oogled at Half Dome
- We stopped and hucked our meat off the cliffs and waterfalls of Rainbow Pools
- We stopped and said hi to my dad in Modesto for Fathers Day and gave him some skis and Genepy.
- We drove over the Bay Bridge into horrendous traffic at 10:30pm in the San Francisco Bay…
ALSO, we hiked up to Crystal Lake in Mammoth on Saturday night and it was gorgeous…