Mt. Bachelor, OR will open their new high speed quad lift, Cloudchaser on Friday, December 16th, 2016. The opening of this lift will add 635 acres of lift-served terrain, making Mt. Bachelor the fifth largest ski area in the United States. The ski area received 10″ of fresh snow overnight and 19″ in the past 24 hours, so needless to say, tomorrow’s Cloudchaser opening will be EPIC!
“This is one of the largest improvement projects in Mt. Bachelor’s history. I am incredibly grateful to our employees and contractors, our customers, the Forest Service and POWDR for making the Cloudchaser project possible. We’re about to be rewarded with an amazing new skiing and snowboarding experience,” stated John McLeod, Mt. Bachelor’s president and general manager.
- High-speed, detachable quad
- 1,448 feet
- 2,400 people per hour
Additional Skiable Acres:
- 635 acres
Additional Groomed Runs:
- 6.2 miles/36 acres
Cloudchaser Opening Weekend Events:
Friday, December 16th, 2016:
- A dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 16 at Cloudchaser’s bottom terminal.
- A contest is underway on Mt. Bachelor’s Facebook page where a lucky fan can win a ride on the first chair up the lift.
- The first 200 guests to board Cloudchaser will receive a winning ticket valid for a prize from Under Armour® in the resort’s Gravity Sports retail shop.
- The Mt. Bachelor Après Ski Bash presented by Deschutes Brewery will take place Friday evening, Dec. 16, at Crow’s Feet Commons.
Saturday, December 17th, 2016:
- Under Armour® is also partnering with Mt. Bachelor to offer a scavenger hunt in the Cloudchaser served terrain on Saturday, Dec.17. Skiers and snowboarders can search for eight “goodie bags” scattered throughout Cloudchaser’s new runs. The hunt begins at 9 a.m.
- A Cloudchaser Celebration with 10 Barrel Brewing Company will follow on Saturday night, Dec. 17 at the Old Mill District.
Current Conditions At Mt. Bachelor:
24 Hour Snowfall:
7 Day Snowfall:
A new lift, 190″ of snow this season, and 10″ overnight, just imagine how good the skiing will be tomorrow on terrain that hasn’t been touched yet. While you’re thinking of reasons why you should be there tomorrow. Stop and think of reasons why you shouldn’t be. It’s going to be EPIC!