In honor of National Public Lands Day, all Nevada State Parks will be free of charge on Saturday September 26, 2020.
The goal of Nevada Public Lands Day is to encourage all Nevadans to get out and explore their local sights and recreation areas, free of charge. The “fee free” Nevada Public Lands Day applies to park entrance fees, as well as camping, and boating.
Nevada State Parks set forth guidelines as well to ensure everyone who partakes does so in a safe and healthy way:
- Recreate locally and close to home
- Separate yourself and the honor social distance of others
- Avoid crowded parks and trailheads
- Wear a face covering or mask inside all Visitor Centers, Museums, Gift Shops, Park Offices, or while outdoors when social distancing is not possible
- Avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people
- Limit interactions to members of your household
- Stay home when you’re sick
- Keep parks and facilities clean by following principles of Leave No Trace
- Know and follow all current fire restrictions
Looking to take advantage of the free fee day explore what’s out there? Here’s some of Nevada’s most well-known state parks and recreation areas: