“Alta Utah has a new lift this year! The Cecret lift is now dismantled. The new Supreme lift base will be at Alf’s Restaurant. I have repainted that area to better show the Supreme and Catherine terrain.” – James Niehues
Alta will have a new lift on opening day 2017/18.
A Leitner-Poma high-speed quad is replacing the Cecret & Supreme chairlifts at Alta, UT.
Full Alta Master Plan here: Alta Improvement Projects
New Supreme Lift:
- 5,030 feet long
- 22 towers
The old Supreme chairlift, a 1992 Yan triple, was originally from Sugarloaf, VT.
A few of the remaining points of Alta’s master plan remains under review by the US Forest Service:
- Aerial Tram to Mt. Baldy
- High speed replacement for Wildcat
- Replacement of Albion and Sunnyside lifts
- New Flora chairlift to Germania Ridge
Update from Alta General Manager Onne Wieringa
April 2, 2017
Skiing has been great. Hope all of you have had the opportunity to get out! It’s time to get those days in before we close for the season on April 16. We will be open with all lifts through that day- the 16th.
Our crews are proceeding with the prep work for the removal of Cecret and Supreme lifts. We will replace the two lifts with a detachable quad that will have its base terminal near Alf’s Restaurant. The top of the lift will be in the same location as Supreme is now.
The detachable technology gives us greater control over skiers delivered per hour, while at the same time giving our skiers a shorter ride time. The detachable lift technology does not necessarily mean that we will be transporting more skiers up the mountain. Our operational teams determine “people per hour” depending on conditions.
See you on the mountain,
ALTA IMPROVEMENT PLAN HIGHLIGHTS:
- Albion/Wildcat base parking.
- Tram from Germania Pass to the top of Mt. Baldy.
- GazEx or other equivalent technologies to replace artillery and avalauncher.
- Replacement of Albion and Sunnyside lifts.
- Replacement of Cecret and Supreme lifts.
- Replacement of Wildcat lift.
- Flora lift from bottom of Sugarbowl to the top of Collins lift.
- Supreme terrain work.
- Alf’s restaurant building addition.
- Watson Shelter building addition.
- Equipment storage facility.
- Lake restoration at the top of Glory Hole.