The National Weather Service has issued Winter Storm Warnings for Maine, New Hampshire, New York, and Vermont. They’re in effect Today – Friday. Heavy snowfall is forecasted to impact the area, the heaviest of which will occur tonight.
- 4-8+” of Snow Today – Friday
Snow is forecasted to fall at all elevations, but the heaviest accumulations will be in the mountains.
The 6-10 day forecast calls for below average temperatures and below average precipitation along the East Coast.
Maine: 5-8″ of Snow Tonight – Friday
* Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8 inches with a light glaze possible toward the end of the storm. - NOAA Grey, ME
New Hampshire: 4-8″ of Snow Tonight – Friday
* Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches are expected. - NOAA Grey, ME
New York: 5-9″ of Snow Today – Friday Morning
* Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 9 inches. - NOAA Buffalo, NY
Vermont: 5-8″ of Snow Tonight – Friday
* Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8 inches are expected with a light glaze of ice possible. - NOAA Burlington, VT
Winter Storm Warning:
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Burlington VT 328 AM EST Thu Nov 15 2018 Orleans-Essex-Lamoille-Caledonia- Including the cities of Newport, Island Pond, Johnson, Stowe, and St. Johnsbury ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 3 PM EST FRIDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8 inches are expected with a light glaze of ice possible. * WHERE...Orleans, Essex, Lamoille and Caledonia Counties. * WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 3 PM EST Friday. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...With the heaviest snowfall happening just before the morning commute, travel will be difficult. Plan on allowing extra time for the morning commute. Isolated power outages may be possible.