NOAA has issued a Winter Storm Warning for Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Wyoming that begins tonight and lasts until Tuesday.
1-2 feet of snow is expected.
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Accumulations of 3 to 6 inches possible through Saturday night, with most of the accumulation at night. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 feet expected. - NOAA Riverton, WY today
- Jackson Hole has seen 389″ of snowfall this season
- Jackson Hole reports that they have already had their snowiest February on record.
We were out skiing in Jackson Hole last week and the conditions were absolutely unreal.
Given this forecast, we might hit the road to Jackson Hole from Squaw tomorrow morning…
Below are 4 reports from last week when it was Firing at Jackson:
- Jackson Hole, WY Report: Deepest February in History Continues to Deliver – 1/17/19
- Jackson Hole, WY Report: All-Time? I Think So… – 2/16/19
- Jackson Hole, WY Report: Big, Long, Tasty Runs… – 2/15/19
- Jackson Hole, WY Report: Deep, Blower Powder With More On The Way – 2/13/19
Jackson Hole is having a spectacular season this year.
NOAA WY Snow Forecast Video (love this guys teeth!)
Winter Storm Warning for Wyoming
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Riverton WY 1231 AM MST Sat Feb 23 2019 ...A Series of Winter Storms will Likely impact Western Wyoming Saturday Night through Tuesday... .Significant snow and blowing snow are likely across much of western Wyoming beginning Saturday night and persisting through Tuesday. Snow will begin this morning, however, the heaviest snowfall will arrive tonight. At this point, two of the heavier periods of snow will be late Saturday night and on Sunday night. This snow could combine with gusty winds, which would produce blowing and drifting snow, very visibility and cold wind chills. Jackson Hole- Including the city of Jackson 1231 AM MST Sat Feb 23 2019 ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 5 PM MST TUESDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Accumulations of 3 to 6 inches possible through Saturday night, with most of the accumulation at night. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 feet expected. * WHERE...Jackson Hole. * WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to 5 PM MST Tuesday. At this point, the two of the heaviest periods of snow will be later Saturday night and again Sunday night. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Patchy blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.