Two more Northeast ski resorts announced that their opening days for this season will be this Friday, November, 17. Okemo and Stowe are located in Vermont and will join Killington as being the second and third resorts open in the state for the 2023/24 season. Both Okemo and Stowe are owned by Vail Resorts.
STOWE MOUNTAIN RESORT
Stowe Mountain Resort to Open Friday, November 17 for the 2023/24 Winter Season
WHAT: Today, Stowe Mountain Resort announced that it will open for the 2023/24 winter season at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, November 17, 2023.
Opening Day Activities and Terrain
In celebration of Opening Day, guests who arrive early will be greeted at the FourRunner Lift, in the Mount Mansfield base area, with a DJ spinning tunes and a limited number of breakfast sandwiches available. Please be reminded that limited terrain and early season conditions exist.
Looking Ahead to the Season
This season, Stowe celebrates nearly a century of tradition and commitment to safety in honor of their pioneering Mount Mansfield Ski Patrol turning 90 this season. Guests will also notice a new beautifully wrapped Gondola cabin as a part of the Gondola Gallery by Epic project and Epic for Everyone initiative in addition to a range of new and signature returning events for local and visiting guests including:
- Skål, a series of on-mountain champagne/sparkling cider toasts at the Octagon Café deck at 3:30 PM on 12/30, 1/20, 2/17, and 3/30, which will be open to all Epic Passholders.
- On select Saturdays, Stowe will also be offering Cookies & Cocoa open to all guests to enjoy complimentary freshly baked cookies and warm hot cocoa served on the Mt. Mansfield side of the Over Easy Transfer Gondola from 2:00- 3:00 PM.
- This year Stowe Mountain Resort will host the first ever Solar Soiree, celebrating the Total Solar Eclipse slated to cross over Mount Mansfield on Monday, April 8, 2024. The day will feature multiple viewing parties both on and off-mountain to view this unique phenomenon. More details coming soon.
- Stowe Sugar Slalom, one of the most recognized alpine races in America, is a two-day event that attracts over a thousand avid racers dressed in costume and up to six hundred spectators in celebration of Spring’s arrival! With a Mardi Gras atmosphere complete with music, barbecue on the hill, maple syrup on snow, festive costumes, fantastic ski racing, and pickles at the finish, it’s a unique experience.
- Early risers meet atop Mount Mansfield for a non-denominational Easter Sunrise Service provided by the Stowe Community Church. Additionally, Stowe Mountain Resort continues to offer an unparalleled culinary experience with elevated dining at the Cliff House, where guests can enjoy the Brisket Tacos or a delicious BLT, near the summit of Mount Mansfield and across all other dining locations.
- Pass & Lift Ticket Information2023/24 Epic Pass products, including regional passes and day passes, are still on sale and available to purchase this early season for a limited time! Don’t miss your chance to lock in the best value in skiing and riding by purchasing in advance, with a variety of options for every type of skier and rider from Epic 1-7 day passes, the Epic Local Pass, and the full Epic Pass. All Epic Pass products come with Epic Mountain Rewards, offering 20% off lodging, rentals, dining, and more. In addition, the Pass Holder Exclusive Cyber Sale is from November 21-27, offering Pass Holders up to an additional 20% off this winter. Visit EpicPass.com for more information and to purchase.
New Enhancements to the Mountain
An exciting and engaging introduction this year at Stowe Mountain Resort is Gondola Gallery by Epic: The mountains are for everyone and, this winter, we collaborated with artists who love the mountains as much as we do to bring this message to the slopes like never before. We transformed gondola cabins at some of our most legendary resorts into one-of-a-kind works of art that celebrate the different ways we all enjoy the snow. This art installation is an invitation and a message of inclusion to all. This is Epic for Everyone.
At Stowe, CREATING YOUR LINE is original artwork by printmaker Jim Harris, which turns the sit ski and wheelchair-accessible cabin (#76) of Stowe’s Mansfield Gondola into an invitation for people of all abilities to create their own lines on the mountain. “For people with disabilities,” Jim says, “there’s a lot less opportunity to get out and have a choose-your-own-adventure connection to a place.” Since being paralyzed, Jim has pushed toward a remarkable recovery as a walking paraplegic able to ski again while finding new opportunities to be involved in adventure storytelling. With CREATING YOUR LINE giving new visibility to Stowe’s accessible gondola cabin, his story continues: “Any way that we can invite some more people in, I think is a positive change,” Jim says. Adaptive Epic Passes are available here.
New this season, the My Epic app with Mobile Pass and Mobile Lift Tickets is now available to download, allowing guests to use their phone as their ticket to the slopes.
Mobile Pass and Mobile Lift Tickets is a hands-free option for skiers and riders to use at all 36 of Vail Resorts’ owned and operated U.S. resorts for the 2023/24 season, with availability at Whistler Blackcomb to follow in future seasons. It allows guests to buy their pass or lift ticket online, activate it in the new My Epic app, put their phone in their pocket, and get scanned hands-free in the lift line using Bluetooth® technology designed for low energy usage to minimize the impact on a phone’s battery life. This season, to ensure a smooth transition, the company will continue to provide physical cards for passes and lift tickets to all guests. For guests choosing to use Mobile Pass this season, watch this video for some tips.
The My Epic app also offers a range of guest-favorite features, including interactive trail maps with GPS location tracking, and mountain and resort alerts, including operational information like grooming updates, terrain status, snow reports, and conditions.
WHEN: Stowe Mountain Resort will open at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, November 17, 2023. Regular hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: 5781 Mountain Road, Stowe, VT 05627. For Parking and Arrival tips as well as public transportation information, please visit stowe.com
MORE INFORMATION: For real-time alerts, guests should download the new My Epic app. For more information and a closer look at resort happenings at Stowe, check out stowe.com or follow Stowe Mountain Resort on Facebook, X, and Instagram.
OKEMO MOUNTAIN RESORT:
Okemo Mountain Resort to Open Friday, November 17 for the 2023/24 Winter Season
WHAT: Today, Okemo Mountain Resort announced that it will open for the 2023/24 winter season at 9:00 am ET on Friday, November 17, 2023.
Opening Day Activities and Terrain
In celebration of Opening Day, guests who arrive early will enjoy swag giveaways, a live DJ, the annual first chair banner break on A Quad, and light refreshments including muffins, Nature Valley bars, hot cocoa, and coffee. Okemo will open with top-to-bottom skiing and riding serviced by A Quad and Sunburst. Ski & Ride Private Lessons will be available Opening Day with Group Lessons available starting Wednesday, November 22. Snowmaking will continue with plans to expand to Jackson Gore ahead of the December holidays. Please be mindful that limited terrain and early season conditions exist.
Looking Ahead to the Season
With its superb snow coverage and consistent quality of conditions, combined with a variety of terrain for all abilities, Okemo is a home-away-from-home for Northeast skiing and snowboarding families. Guests can expect another great season of skiing and riding at Okemo with lots of great new and returning events and activities like awesome improvements to our popular Après Afternoons every Saturday starting December 30, Vermont Family Adventure Run by Toyota, Kids Let It Glow Torchlight in March, ice skating, Timber Ripper Mountain Coaster, Gore Snowground, New Years Fireworks and more.
“Thanks to our team’s hard work and passion this summer, we are ready to kick off winter at Okemo with plenty to look forward to this season,” said Bruce Schmidt, Vice President and General Manager of Okemo Mountain Resort. “In addition to skiing and riding, Okemo has something for everyone including the thrilling mountain coaster, ice skating, après afternoons, full moon snowshoe hikes, and more.”
Pass & Lift Ticket Information
2023/24 Epic Pass products, including regional passes and day passes, are still on sale and available to purchase this early season for a limited time! Don’t miss your chance to lock in the best value in skiing and riding by purchasing in advance, with a variety of options for every type of skier and rider from Epic 1- 7 day passes, the Epic Local Pass, and the full Epic Pass. All Epic Pass products come with Epic Mountain Rewards, offering 20% off lodging, rentals, dining, and more. In addition, the Pass Holder Exclusive Cyber Sale is from November 21-27, offering Pass Holders up to an additional 20% off this winter. VisitEpicPass.com for more information and to purchase.
New & Upcoming Enhancements to the Mountain
This summer, Okemo made exciting enhancements to The Crazy Train Terrain Park, allowing for better flow and feature building. Skiers and riders will feel the difference this season in The Zone and Crazy Train, Okemo’s medium/large park, as a result of site work, re-grading, and snowmaking pipe re-installation between Black Out and The Zone. Access to the Zone will continue to be at the bottom of The Pull Lift.
Additionally, wayfinding improvements will enhance the on-mountain experience:
- The access to the main parking lot will be paved and widened and the culvert over the brook replaced, allowing easier flow into the parking lots and creating a better walking space for guests heading to the slopes.
- A new access trail was constructed to access Sweet Solitude from Sapphire/Upper Tomahawk. This will allow easier access for newer skiers and riders to Sweet Solitude. The new connector trail at the base of the new Evergreen Summit Express is making the summit and its variety of terrain more accessible. Skiers and riders approaching from the Jackson Gore area have faster and easier summit access, relieving congestion at the resort’s primary summit lift, The Sunburst Six, and improving the overall mountain experience.
- WHEN: Okemo Mountain Resort will open at 9:00 am on Friday, November 17. Regular hours of operation are Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm; Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- WHERE: 77 Okemo Ridge Road, Ludlow, VT 05149. For Parking and Arrival tips as well as public transportation information, please visit Directions By Bus, Plane, or Train | Okemo Ski Resort
- MORE INFORMATION: For real-time alerts, guests should download the new My Epic app. For more information and a closer look at resort happenings at Okemo, check out Okemo.com or follow Okemo on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information visit Vail Resorts website.