Over the past week, the upper mountain of Palisades Tahoe received 17 inches of fresh snow. This storm brought in cold temperatures that helped preserve the existing snow and provide better coverage on the open runs at the resort.
The resort will continue operations Friday-Sunday through the end of May, plus Memorial Day. This weekend, Palisades Tahoe will be open for skiing and riding on the upper mountain only, with terrain for every ability level.
Eight lifts are scheduled to run, and the Gold Coast terrain park will be open. Mountain Run is now closed for the season, so guests should expect to download instead of skiing back to the base area.
Groomers are the place to be this weekend. We have had our grooming teams working around the clock since yesterday, so all the key spots will be in top shape: Siberia face and ridge, the Gold Coast zone, the Shirley tree runs, and all beginner lift areas. In the base area, all of the new snow we received is mostly melted, and up top, the snow has settled at about 8 inches.
Due to the warming temperatures, there will be a risk of wet slides throughout the weekend. For this reason, we will have limited if any hiking terrain open. Ski patrol will assess conditions throughout the day. Additionally, if snowmelt accelerates rapidly, it is possible that we might call some terrain midday. Real-time updates related to last-minute terrain closures can be found on our Mountain Ops Twitter.
Please be aware that even with new snow earlier this week, late-season conditions exist. If you choose to ski off-piste, ski carefully as rocks and other hazards may be just below the surface and unmarked.
– Blog post
- Lift & Terrain Updates
- Lifts will be spinning from 9 am-4 pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- This weekend, Granite Chief will be CLOSED due to significant snowmelt on the ridge.
- We will be aiming to run Big Blue, Mountain Meadow, Bailey’s Beach, the Aerial Tram, the Funitel, Gold Coast, Shirley, and Siberia. Solitude is closed and VERY thin at the bottom, but we are trying to keep it somewhat maintained so that we can open it in the event another lift goes down.
- As a reminder, Mountain Run is CLOSED for the season.
- There will be Ski Teams training on the 5th Tree of off Shirley. Please be respectful of their space.
- Our Parks crew has cleaned up the Gold Coast Terrain Park following this week’s storm and they also added a few new features. Gold Coast Terrain Park will be open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Sunny skies and warm temperatures will make for a great weekend at the Spring Skiing Capital™️. Guests will be celebrating the conditions with the following theme weekends:
- May 13-15: Rodeo – Dress up in your best cowboy hat and cutoffs
- May 20-22: Surf’s Up – Pop on your board trunks and bikinis to surf the slush
- May 27-30: U-S-A! – Break out the red, white, and blue for a patriotic Memorial Day Weekend