Mammoth Mountain’s 20/21 season came to a close yesterday, putting a cap on a challenging, but ultimately memorable and rewarding season.
Only 165 days ’til we do it again.
Also of note: Mammoth’s Bike Park is now open for the summer.
Few new things going on in the park for Summer 2021:
- Mammoth will be spinning Canyon Express (Chair 16) Friday through Sunday starting July 2nd. Chair 16 provides direct access to an extensive network of trails, including highlights like Bullet DH, Follow Me and Boomerang. The addition of the new chair will reduce pressure on the gondola during peak season.
- Ricochet, also accessed from 16, will be updated this year with new features, drops, and some berm work.
- Bering Straits, which traverses underneath the paranoids, will also get some love, with some new native rock work.
- For the groms, a STACYC pump track at Main Lodge will entertain (both them and you) for hours. The track is dialed specifically with these mini-e motos in mind. Rentals are $19-26.
- New FastHouse Rider Room in The Village. Adjacent to the Mountain Center, this all-new mountain bike repair and retail location will feature FastHouse products, a full repair shop and more for all your mountain bike needs.
- New Container Village at Main Lodge. Pods will be set up slopeside at Main offering bike repair, rentals and retail, eliminating the need to go indoors.
- New Mammoth-only Bike Park pass is on sale now with prices set to go up on June 23rd. Season-long access to the park starts at $349 ($99 for kids). Also new this year, pass holders to the Summit Bike Park can purchase day tickets in Mammoth for $25.
Photo Tour, courtesy of Mammoth Mountain: