With the start of September, summer is on the way out, and fall is fast approaching. Oh, and next month ski resorts will start to open!
That’s right! Historically, there are a bunch of ski resorts right across North America that target mid-October as their opening day.
Last year’s #RaceToOpen was won by Wolf Creek in Colorado, they started their lifts turning on 13th October, with a 14″ base and 20″ of season snowfall. That’s just 5-weeks away!
Typically, it’s a tussle between Colorado’s A-Basin and Loveland to see who starts the ski season off for North America, both resorts battling for bragging rights.
On the east coast, Killington isn’t usually far behind, also targetting a mid-October opening, as does Mt. Rose, representing the west.
- Related: It’s September… Beware
Who knows what the early season snowfall will bring, with any luck there’ll be even more than these…
Resorts’ October Opening Days 2018:
- Wolf Creek, CO – 13th October
- Killington, VT – 19th October
- Sunday River, ME – 19th October
- Arapahoe Basin, CO – 20th October
- Loveland, CO – 20th October
- Wild Mountain Ski and Snowboard Area, MN – 20th October
- Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, NV – 20th October
- Mount Snow, VT – 20th October
- Wildcat Mountain, NH – 27th October