The United States Geological Survey (USGS) just released data and numbers from the 2019 Ridgecrest Earthquake Sequence: July 4, 2019–July 16, 2019.
2019 Ridgecrest Earthquake by the Numbers
2019 Ridgecrest Earthquake Sequence – July 4, 2019–July 16, 2019
- 3,557 earthquakes recorded since July 4, 2019, above Magnitude 2
- M6.4 12km W of Searles Valley, CA -2019-07-04 17:33:49 (UTC)
51,000+ responses via Did You Feel It?
- M7.1 18km W of Searles Valley, CA – 2019-07-06 03:19:53 (UTC)
42,000+ responses via Did You Feel It?
- 631 M3+ earthquakes so far strong enough to be felt
- 5 M5+ earthquakes so far large enough to do damage
Be ready for more earthquakes.
CHANCE OF AN EARTHQUAKE**
..in the next week until July 22, 2019.
M3+ is >99%
- 23–52 such earthquakes may occur re-invigorated by a larger aftershock.
M5+ is 30%
- 0-3 such earthquakes may occur.
M6+ is 4%
- Such an earthquake is possible, but with low probability.
M7+ is <1%
- 1 in 300 chance. Such an earthquake is possible, but with low probability.