Six new mural paintings have popped up in South Salt Lake as part of the Mural Fest 2020. This is the third year the festival has been held, it celebrates artists from around Utah and the country. All six of this year’s murals have to be done by June 30, 2020. The artists have had to face the elements to construct the works, imagine trying to spray paint in the wind.
The artists and where to find the art:
- Alex Johnstone’s piece is on a wall of the Level Crossing Brewing Company. It is a futuristic-looking depiction of a beer.
- Michael Kirby’s work is on South Salt Lake Fire Station 41.
- Artists Isaac Hastings and Evan Jed Memmott collaborated for a painting on the business Clever Octopus, on 2250 S West Temple.
- Traci O’Very Covey, a well-known local artist added to an existing mural at Mountainland Design on 2345 Main Street.
- Chris Peterson is a nature-specific artist, his mural is 140-foot long on the north wall of the Cordin Building building on 2460 S Main Street.
- Veronica Zak’s work is on the Hi-Grade Apartments with a complementary Utah scene of the red rocks.
The perfect activity to see some art while staying socially distanced in South Salt Lake.