While most Northern Hemisphere resorts are closing up for the season, Beartooth Basin is opening this weekend on Saturday, June 2nd. Nestled in the upper elevations of the Shoshone National Forest, BTB typically runs from Memorial Day Weekend until early July, but this year they are getting a late start due to an extraordinary season.
BTB is not your average ski area. Established in the mid-1960’s as a summer training ground, it continues to be one of North America’s most unique skiing destinations. While it is staffed with ski patrol and lift operators like a normal ski resort, there are no warming huts or lodges, just two platter lifts and some of the best headwall and cornice terrain around.
“You could call it backcountry skiing with a lift.” – Beartooth Basin
- 10,900 ft elevation
- 1,000 vertical feet of lift serviced terrain
- Two high-speed platter lifts
- Skiing terrain that varies in pitch from 15 Degrees to 50 Degrees
- 3,000 vertical feet of shuttled or hike-in backcountry skiing and riding.
- Full Day Lift Ticket – $45
- Half Day Lift Ticket – $35
- Power Hour – $20
- Season Pass – $350
Summer 2018 Calendar:
- June 2: Opening Day
- June 8-10: Beartooth Summer Session
- June 10-13: IFSA Junior Regional Comp
- June 15-17: Summer Shred Fest
- June 16: FWQ 2*
- June 21: Summer Solstice 6-8:30pm
- July 4: Ski 4 ‘Merica
- July 8: Closing Day
Beartooth hosts the Summer Shred Fest, a three day festival dedicated to all things rad. This festival includes a whiskey tasting festival, an IFSA FWQ 2* competitive Freeride event, and the only summer skiing demo event in North America. The best custom and boutique ski and snowboard brands make the pilgrimage to the Summer Shred Fest to showcase their brand and celebrate mountain culture at its finest. The FWQ 2* event marks the first event of the 2018-19 season, and points earned go towards the athletes current FWQ ranking.
While their season is short, they know how to make the most of it. With a stacked events list and a unique vibe, check out Beartooth Basin to end your ski season with a bang.