[Sponsored By: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, CA]
How does 4 or 5 days of heliskiing in British Columbia sound? Ya, we thought so. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, CA is having a killer season. With a 90+ inch storm that just pummeled the resort it’s been face shots and a pow frenzy there for the last week. And it’s still snowing. So even if you ignore this post, get out there and shred. But do yourself a favor and download the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows App.
First, it’s filled with awesome features, including live updates of the operation and lift openings, run tracking, trail maps, the ability to find and track your buddies on the hill and a host of other features. It’s a useful tool and is fun and easy to use. But this year, it’s REALLY useful, because it’s your only ticket to winning a 4 to 5 day heliski trip to BC with Canadian Mountain Holidays. Your heard that right. Just by going out and doing what you love the most, you could win a chance to go heliskiing.
The Chair To Chopper Challenge runs through the 2018-2019 season and it’s about as simple as a contest gets. All you need to do is go skiing. Simply download the Squaw Alpine App onto your phone and track your vertical feet. Even stuff you’ve skied before entering the contest, as long as it’s from this season, will count. Once you hit 100,000 vertical feet, you’ll be automatically entered into a draw that will take place on the last day of this season and awarded a 4 to 5 day heliski trip in BC with CMH.
Chair To Chopper Challenge Details:
- Download the Squaw Alpine App for iPhone or Android
- Start tracking your performance daily (and enable leaderboard permissions under Settings > Privacy) in the Squaw Alpine App every time you ski or snowboard during the 2018-19 season.
- Log at least 100,000 vertical feet to be entered into the contest. Any vertical feet logged in the 2018-19 season using the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows app will count toward the contest, even if it was skied prior to the contest announcement.
- There is one randomly selected Grand Prize Winner to be announced on the last day of the 2018-19 season.*
CMH Heli Skiing Signature Trip Details:
- 4 or 5 day trip valid for ONE person
- Must be used during the 2019/20 winter season
- Blackout period is from Jan. 1 – Mar. 14, 2020. Prize cannot be redeemed during this time.
- Revelstoke, Small Group, Specialty, and Private/Exclusive trips are not included
- Total Maximum Value: $7,072 USD / $9,605 CAD**
The Trip Includes:
- 17,500 (57,000ft) vertical meters of skiing on the 4 day trip
- 21,780 (71,000 feet) vertical meters of skiing on the 5 day trip (there is a charge for extra meters per 1,000 vertical meters)
- Return motor coach transportation from any CMH approved meeting point (YYC, YLW or YKA), except if skiing at CMH Kootenay where transportation to Nakusp, B.C. is the responsibility of the prize winner
- Accommodations, all meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Services of CMH’s fully certified guides
- Training in and use of custom Heli-Skis and avalanche transceivers
- Use of ski poles/radio/shovel/probe/guest pack
Yep. You might get to ski pow from a helicopter for a week in some of the snowiest mountains on earth. The best part? You’ll get to shred your face off in what’s turning into a banner season at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. With 42 lifts between them, Squaw Alpine offers up some of the best in bounds terrain in the world. World class snow, big mountain ski lines, and everything in between. With their App, you can track your vert, compare with your friends, and spend this season shredding pow…all in the hopes of winning the trip of a lifetime. So grab your gear and head to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, CA. Download the app, grab a couple of friends, and go skiing.