Brought to you by LEKI and Northern California Toyota Dealers
My guest today is Johnny Collinson:
- Johnny had climbed all of the seven summits by the age of 17, making him the youngest to have done so
- He is a professional freeskier who won the Junior Freeskier World Tour, has competed on the Freeride World Tour, has been in TGR movies, Sherpa Cinema movies, and skis for Red Bull
- Johnny has also struggled with some difficult injuries and has overcome them all
- Johnny is also a fitness professional and is more ripped than just about anyone I’ve ever seen
This episode is brought to you by LEKI:
LEKI has been making ski poles since 1948 and has learned a thing or two over the last 75 years. Whether you are an Olympic-caliber ski racer, weekend warrior, or aspiring backcountry skier, LEKI has the perfect pair of poles for every skier. Experience the innovative LEKI Trigger grip system that provides the ultimate interface between glove and pole, providing exceptional comfort, performance, and security. Learn more about LEKI poles and gloves at LEKI.com.
While LEKI is known worldwide as the leader in poles, did you know that LEKI makes some of the best gloves and mittens in the industry? Top-quality gloves and mittens crafted from 100% goatskin leather deliver exceptional comfort, craftsmanship, warmth, and durability. All LEKI gloves work perfectly with LEKI Trigger poles and seamlessly with any brand pole on the market. Experience LEKI gloves and mittens today. Learn more at LEKI.com.
This episode is brought to you by your Northern California Toyota Dealers:
Whether you’re conquering the commute to town or answering the call of some freshly powdered slopes, the new Rav4 Hybrid is there for all your Tahoe adventures. Featuring Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive and a 219 horsepower hybrid engine with a forty-mile per gallon combined rating. It’s made for action. And made for the mountain. Visit BuyaToyota.com/norcal for more details and start your next adventure in a brand new Toyota, the official vehicle of Palisades Tahoe.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share it with friends & family, and please subscribe.
Follow SnowBrains: SnowBrains.com
Buy SnowBrains gear: SnowBrains.com/shop/
The SnowBrains Podcast Episode #50 – Johnny Collinson – Pro Freeskier, Ski Movie Star, Youngest to Climb The 7 Summits, Fitness Guru.
Recorded on September 27, 2022, in the Tahoe City, CA (Miles Clark) and Salt Lake City, UT (Johnny Collinson).
This episode was edited by Jared White.
Music by Chad Crouch.
Host, producer, and creator = Miles Clark.
About The SnowBrains Podcast:
- Top 12% of all podcasts
- Interviews the most intelligent people in the snowsports industry and passes their fascinating knowledge to you, our listeners.
- We explore skiing, snowboarding, snowsports, avalanches, technology, climate, COVID, snow science, medicine, nutrition, fitness, technique, and cutting-edge adventure with our listeners.
- The SnowBrains Podcast is hosted by professional freeskier, professional mountain guide, UC Berkeley Molecular Cell Biology graduate, and the Founder & CEO of SnowBrains, Miles Clark.
- The SnowBrains Podcast will publish new episodes with riveting guests weekly this winter.
- Please share with your friends and family, and please subscribe.
Download & Subscribe to “The SnowBrains Podcast:”
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Podcast Addict
- Pocket Casts
- iHeart Radio
- Sounder. FM
The SnowBrains Podcast Season 1 Episodes:
- Episode #1: Why Is The Colorado Backcountry the Deadliest in the USA?
- Episode #2: Are Ski Resorts Safe To Visit During COVID-19?
- Episode #3: Why Do Skiers Tear Their ACLs So Frequently?
- Episode #4: What’s The #1 Tool Available To Skiers & Riders in Avalanche Terrain?
- Episode #5: Renaming Squaw Valley, CA & Squaw Alpine’s 2020/21 COVID Strategy
- Episode #6: Alta Ski Area – Skiing First, COVID, Canyon Traffic, & Possible Mt. Baldy Tram
- Episode #7: Andrew McLean, The Big Mountain Scientist [Part 1]
- Episode #8: Andrew McLean, The Big Mountain Scientist [Part 2]
- Episode #9: Whistler Blackcomb – Climate Change, The Future of Summer Skiing, COVID
- Episode #10: Chris Davenport – Legendary Freeskier, Ski Mountaineer, Mountain Guide
- Episode #11: Cody Townsend – Star & Producer of The Fifty Project
- Episode #12: Randall Osterhuber – Winter Survival Instructor, Search & Rescue Badass, Snow Scientist, Avalanche Forecaster, Mountain Guide
- Episode #13: Adrian Ballinger – Climbing Mt. Everest & K2 Without Supplemental Oxygen
- Episode #14: Bode Miller – The Winningest American Male Ski Racer of All-Time
- Episode #15: Dr. Ethan Greene – Why Did The USA Just Have Its Deadliest Avalanche Cycle in History?
- Episode #16: 27 Avalanche Deaths in Only 29-Days in the USA… Why Did the US Just See Its Deadliest Avalanche Cycle of All-Time?
- Episode #17: Dr. Michael Fischman: COVID Vaccine – When Will Ski Resorts Go Back To Normal?
- Episode #18: Jeremy Jones – Legendary Big Mountain Snowboarder, Climate Change Activist, CEO/Founder of Jones Snowboards
- Episode #19: Angela Hawse – President of the American Mountain Guide Association
- Episode #20: Daron Rahlves – 4 Time Olympian, King of Kitzbühel, and World Jet Ski Champion
The SnowBrains Podcast Season 2 Episodes:
- Episode #21 | Doug Stoup – More North & South Poles Than Anyone on Earth, Pro Soccer Player, Mountain Guide, Founder Ice Axe Expeditions
- Episode #22 | Bjarne Salen – Filmer of “The Fifty” w/ Cody Townsend, Hardcore Ski Mountaineer, Adventurer, Philosopher
- Episode #23 | Todd Offenbacher – Comedian, Mountain Guide, Body Builder, Badass Rock Climber, TV Personality, Climbing Community Builder
- Episode #24 | Scott Gaffney – Matchstick Productions Editor, Producer, Filmer, the G in Shane McConkey’s GNAR, Lake Tahoe Surfer, & Badass Freeskier
- Episode #25 | Ingrid Backstrom – Legendary Freeskier, Fierce Competitor, Game-Changer, Ski Movie Star
- Episode #26 | Dr. Ethan Greene, Director of CAIC – Why Did the USA Have the Most Avalanche Deaths in History Last Season?
- Episode #27 | Travis Ganong – Badass World Cup & Olympic Ski Racer, World-Class Freeskier
- Episode #28 | Tommy Moe – Olympic Gold Medal Ski Racer, Alaska Heli-Ski Guide, Co-Founder of Tordrillo Mountain Lodge in Alaska
- Episode #29 | Doug Fish – The Genius Who Created the Indy Pass, the Fastest Growing Multi-Mountain Pass on Earth With Over 80 Ski Resorts
- Episode #30 | Tom Day – Emmy Winning Cinematographer, 38 Years as Warren Miller Director/Filmer/Skier, “Blizzard of Aahhhs” Ski Movie Star, Smoothest Skier on Earth
- Episode #31 | Dr. Russ Costa PhD – Why People Do Dumb Shit in the Mountains!!
- Episode #32 | Eddie Taylor – Member of “Full Circle Everest” 1st All-Black Team to Attempt 29,032′ Mt. Everest
- Episode #33 | Park City Professional Ski Patrol – Battling Vail Resorts For a Living Wage
- Episode #34 | Julian Carr – 210-Foot World Record Cliff Invert, Pro Freeskier, Discrete Founder, X-Games Gold Medalist, Cirque Series Founder
- Episode #35 | Lel Tone – Alaska Heli-Ski Guide for 23-Years, Winner of National Geographic’s “Ultimate Survival Alaska,” Ski Patroller for 28-Years, Avalanche Professional
- Episode #36 | Scot Schmidt – The Original Freeskier
- Episode #37 | Elyse Saugstad – Ski Movie Star, Freeride World Tour Champion, Skier of the Year, 3x Best Line of the Year, In ESPN’s Top 50 Women in Action Sports
- Episode #38 | H.A.P.E. & The Ghost of La Anciana – Mexican Ghost Stories From 18,000 Feet
- Episode #39 | Jonny Moseley – Olympic Gold Medalist, Skiing Pioneer, Voice of Warren Miller, TV Personality
- Episode #40 | Connery Lundin – Naked on Cover of Powder Magazine, Freeskiing World Tour Champ, MSP & Warren Miller Ski Movie Star
The SnowBrains Podcast Season 3 Episodes:
- SnowBrains Podcast #41 | Kit DesLauriers – 1st Person to Ski All of the “Seven Summits,” National Geographic Adventurer of the Year, 2-Time Freeskiing Champion
- SnowBrains Podcast #42 | Utah Avalanche Center – Should We Use Avalanche Airbag Backpacks?, How To Stay Out of Avalanches, Updated “Know Before You Go”
- SnowBrains Podcast #43 | Spot Insurance – US Health Insurance Sucks, Medical Bills Are The #1 Cause of Bankruptcy in America, Spot Can Help
- SnowBrains Podcast #44 | Zahan Billimoria – IFMGA Mountain Guide, TGR Ski & Snowboard Movie Guide, Samsara Experience CEO, Jackson Hole Local
- SnowBrains Podcast #45 | Mike Douglas – The Godfather of Freeskiing
- SnowBrains Podcast #46 | Henri Rivers – President of the National Brotherhood of Skiers
- SnowBrains Podcast #47 | Dr. Robb Gaffney MD – The G in GNAR, Ski Movie Star, Former Pro Freeskier, Activist, Medical Doctor of Psychiatry, Cancer Survivor
- SnowBrains Podcast #48 | Kelly Pawlak – CEO of the National Ski Areas Association
- SnowBrains Podcast #49 | Nina Aragon – Climate Scientist Discusses the State of the Western US Snowpack