Lifts are turning and resorts are open in South America, so what we really need right now is a big storm or two to dump epic amounts of fresh powder on resorts, allowing them to open more lifts and more terrain.
Well, guess what?! That’s exactly what is being forecast for both Chile and Argentina this weekend and beyond. Chile looks like being the biggest winners, but Argentina is set to get it’s fair share too.
Expect the best powder turns to be Monday across South America, but then towards the end of next week should be even more epic. Stay tuned!
El Colorado, Chile can expect at least a foot this weekend, and up to another 4-feet over the next week or so, as can Valle Nevado:
- Corralco: weekend, 17″ | week, 53″
- El Colorado: weekend, 15″ | week, 70″
- La Parva: weekend, 21″ | week, 61″
- Nevados de Chillan: weekend, 12″ | week, 80″
- Portillo: weekend, 8″ | week, 40″
- Valle Nevado: weekend, 17″ | week, 80″
Argentina is also looking good, with storms set to hit there too. Cerro Catedral forecast to receive 18″ this weekend, and almost 3-feet in total over the next week. And Chapelco and Las Leñas also set to get up to 3-feet over the next week or so.
- Caviahue: week, 32″
- Cerro Catedral: weekend, 19″ | week, 32″
- Chapelco: week, 37″
- Las Leñas: weekend, 3″ | week, 40″