I awoke to the pitter-patter of rain on the roof in Squaw Valley, CA this morning. I checked the forecast, talked with a friend who was already on the mountain, and decided to play the waiting game.
At noon, the roof went silent, snow starting sticking to the deck, my ski boots went on.
First run down KT-22 was slippery, slushy, icy, and kinda powdery.
Second run was better. Third run was better than the second. Fourth was better than the third.
By closing bell, it was a full on powder feast.
Hoots, hollers, smiles, high fives, beers, hot tubs, hucking into the pool, plans to get up early tomorrow.
- 4-8″ of new snow during the day today and it’s still snowing as of 8pm
- KT-22, Red Dog, Funitel open today
- Sun & a high of 47ºF forecast tomorrow
- Winter Weather Advisory for the northern Sierra extended 3 hours until 11pm and saying this:
* ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THIS EVENING: 1 TO 4 INCHES ABOVE 7000 FEET. 1 TO 3 INCHES DOWN TO LAKE LEVEL...DEPENDENT ON THE LOCATION OF THE HEAVIEST BANDS. * STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL: 8 TO 18 INCHES ABOVE 7000 FEET WITH 2 TO 6 INCHES AT LAKE LEVEL. - NOAA Reno, NV at 7:19pm today
This Squaw report & photo tour are brought to you by….
the Inn Shop of Squaw Valley. SnowBrains.com readers get 15% off ski & snowboard rentals by pre-registering here. The Inn Shop is a family-owned business since 1972, located just steps away from the Aerial Tram in Plumpjack’s Squaw Valley Inn. Offering significantly lower prices than Squaw rentals, the Inn Shop’s knowledgeable staff will set you up with the right equipment from their full fleet of rental and high end demos for skiers/riders of all abilities. Check out the Inn Shop’s LIVE HD webcam of KT-22 (the only one in existence).