With a successful 2020-21 winter season in the rearview mirror and new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on masks and vaccines, Colorado Ski Country USA (CSCUSA) member ski areas are looking forward to welcoming guests to ski areas and mountain communities across the state this summer.
Below are operating dates for ski areas that are open for summer operations and some featured events and offerings at each ski area. More specific summer offerings and regularly updated information can be found at www.coloradoski.com and COVID-19 specific information, and you can find ski area specific policies at www.coloradoski.com/COVID-19. Ski areas will be following CDC COVID-19 guidance.
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
Summer operating dates: June 25 – September 6
New Via Ferrata
Arapahoe Basin will open North America’s highest-elevation guided via ferrata on the East Wall this summer. A via ferrata is a climbing route that follows iron rung handholds fixed permanently to the rock. A-Basin’s via ferrata tops out at 13,000’ with 360 mountain views. The via ferrata highlights A-Basin’s first season of daily summer operations, complementing a seven-course aerial adventure park, hiking and mountain biking trails, yoga classes, and special dining events. For more information, visit www.arapahoebasin.com.
Summer operating dates:
- Buttermilk: Open May 29-31, June 4-6, 11-13, 18-20
- Snowmass: Open daily June 21 – September 6; weekends, Friday – Sunday, September 10 – October 3
- Aspen Mountain: Open daily July 2 – September 6; weekends, Friday – Sunday, September 10 – October 3
The Audi Snowmass 50 Mountain Bike Race, July 24
- The 2021 Audi Snowmass 50 Mountain Bike Race will take place on Saturday, July 24. The race will showcase the best single track in Snowmass with a 25-mile loop ascending 5,000 feet. The Audi Snowmass 50 will replace the event previously known as the Power of Four MTB. Solo competitors will have the option of two laps, or teams of two can race one lap each of the Audi Snowmass 50. For more information, visit https://www.aspensnowmass.com.
Summer operating dates: June 11 – September 26
- Copper Mountain will welcome guests back to the resort on June 11 with a full slate of summer activities, programs, and events. Copper’s 2021 summer offerings include` hiking, lift-served mountain biking and scenic chairlift rides out of two villages, golf, the return of the Woodward Wrecktangle, activities on West Lake, and more. Weekly resort programming like Mountainside Movies, yoga, and community bike rides and hikes will offer guests the chance to connect with other mountain enthusiasts. The resort is adhering to the latest guidelines set forth by Summit County Public Health and will require everyone to wear face coverings while riding buses at the resort, when in the care of Ski or Bike Patrol, and at the Woodward Copper Barn. For more information, visit https://www.coppercolorado.com.
Summer operating dates: Thursdays-Saturdays, May 27 – September 26
Granby Ranch Bike Park and Bluebird Bistro
- Guests can enjoy 13 downhill mountain bike trails and over 15 miles of cross country trails when visiting Granby Ranch. The Bluebird Bistro will also be open for guests to enjoy from 12-9 pm. For more information, visit https://www.granbyranch.com.
Summer operating dates: June 17 – September 26
Bike Park Open Thursdays-Sundays
- Guests visiting Powderhorn can enjoy 13 miles of downhill mountain biking trails as well as over five miles of hiking trails on Colorado’s beautiful Grand Mesa. Summer operations at Powderhorn will run Thursdays-Sundays. For more information, visit http://www.powderhorn.com.
Summer Operating Dates: Daily: June 19 – August 15, Weekends Only: August 22 – October 10
Big Mountain Enduro, August 28-29
- The Big Mountain Enduro will take place August 28 and 29, with some of the country’s best mountain bike riders competing on downhill lift-served trails and backcountry trails. Guests can also enjoy the Purgatory bike park with access to over 400 miles of single-track in the surrounding area all summer long. For more information, visit https://www.purgatoryresort.com.
Summer operating Schedule: Thursday through Monday, June 18 – September 6
Hot Air Balloon Rodeo, July 10-11
- Guests are invited to enjoy the Hot Air Balloon Rodeo with hot air balloons launching Saturday and Sunday morning with more than two dozen colored hot air balloons floating above the Yampa Valley. For additional information and more events, visit www.steamboat.com.
Sunlight Mountain Resort
Summer operating dates: Events on Specific Summer Weekends
Kernie Ennis Foundation (TKEF) Oktoberfest, October 16
- The Kirstie Ennis Foundation (TKEF) will be putting on Oktoberfest at Sunlight Mountain Resort, featuring three bands, three restaurants, and nine breweries/distilleries. Proceeds will benefit the Kirstie Ennis Foundation. For more information and information about other events, visit https://sunlightmtn.com.
Summer Operating Dates: Daily June 19 – September 19, Weekends September 26- October 3
Bike Park and Canopy Adventure
- Guests can enjoy Telluride’s lift-served and connected bike park all summer long, as well as the canopy adventure park, which includes five zip lines and two aerial bridges, all more than 140 feet off the ground. Visit www.tellurideskiresort.com for more information.
Winter Park Resort
Summer operating schedule: June 19 – September 26, Non-Trestle Bike Park Activities will be weekends only in September
Guided Tours in Rocky Mountain National Park, Big Wonderful in August and September
- New this summer, guests can enjoy a guided tour of Rocky Mountain National Park. The guided package includes the park entrance fee for one vehicle and a guide to help guests explore this crown jewel of the Colorado Rockies. Winter Park will also welcome the Big Wonderful Wine Fest and Backcountry Taproom in August and September, and exact dates will be announced in the future. For more information, visit https://www.winterparkresort.com.