Report from December 18, 2021
“Fire! Electrical Fire!”
I run into the bathroom and watch fire dripping from the ceiling.
I instantly realize that if the fire is already in the ceiling (heated fan), this building is going to burn down if we can’t stop it now.
I ran out of the bathroom and frantically looked for a fire extinguisher.
After 5-seconds, I grabbed a pint glass, filled it with water and threw it on the fire.
It immediately went out…
One of the biggest sensations of relief I’ve ever felt washed over me.
I knew it was going to be a great day…
We cruised out to one of our favorite backcountry zones on the Lake.
It was a gorgeous day.
We only saw one other person out there.
The soft snow on top was powdery, smooth, and thin which made for quick acceleration.
The upper section was a blast through strange passageways and chutes.
The lower section was fast trees and lower angles.
We’d never skied this line and it was great.
It got hot on our way out.
First hot day since the big storms.
It’s kind of insane how much snow is in Tahoe right now since they’ve basically only had one storm…
The forecast is looking great.
Recent Backcountry Reports:
- 12/15/21: Mt. Superior, UT’s Suicide Chute Report: Wind-Buffed Bliss & Corrugated Snow Nightmare
- 12/10/21: Revelstoke, BC Report: Skiing a Powder Paradise with Local Yu Sasaki
- 12/7/21: BC, Canada Backcountry Report: Pillows, Waterfall Crossings, & Rugged Terrain
- 12/6/21: Revelstoke, BC Report: 60″ snowpack, 174″ of Snowfall Already This Season…
- 12/5/21: Kicking Horse, BC Report: 4,000-Vertical-Feet of Awesome
- 11/12/21: Alta, UT Report: Little Chute with Mandatory Air From the Top
- 11/10/21: Alta, UT Report: 11-Inch Powder Day & Blue Skies!
- 11/9/21: Alta, UT Report: Dark, Ominous, Alone – Main Chute in Powder Snow
- 11/8/21: Alta, UT Report: Booting Up & Skiing Down High Rustler in Scratchy Conditions…
- 11/7/21: The Alta Skiing Journal, Vol. 4: “Soft Snow Stashes in the Castle Apron”
- 11/6/21: Mt. Superior, UT Report: “Suicide Chute” – As Much Rock As Snow Yesterday
- 11/5/21: Alta, UT Report: Tight & Spicy in Little Chute…
- 11/4/21: Alta, UT Report: It’s Amazing How Much Snow Is Up Here Right Now… Gunsight Mini-Pow!
- 11/3/21: Alta, UT Report: Main Chute Top To Bottom on a Gorgeous Day
- 11/2/21: Alta, UT Report: Embarrassed & Humbled on Day #1 in Main Chute Yesterday
- 11/1/21: The Alta Skiing Journal, Vol. 3: “Trick or Treating in the Ballroom”