Tahoe Donner ski resort in Truckee, California will close due to Coronavirus on March 16th, 2020.
This is the first West Coast ski resort to close via Coronavirus that we know of.
At least 9 ski resorts that we know of have closed in the USA due to Coronavirus.
Tahoe Donner Press Release:
The health and safety of our staff and members remains our top priority. At this time, Tahoe Donner will make the following amenity closures through March 31. We will continue to closely monitor emerging information from the CDC and California Department of Health and evaluate future operations as we have more information.
AMENITY + FACILITY CLOSURE SCHEDULE
- Trout Creek Recreation Center + Snowplay | Closed starting Saturday, March 14
- Downhill Ski Resort | Closed starting Monday, March 16
- Cross Country Ski Area | Facility closed starting Monday, March 16
- Grooming will continue at Cross Country and Ski Patrol will be onsite
- Please check the Grooming Report online for grooming updates, hours of operation and visitor access
- All facilities will be closed including Alder Creek Cafe, rentals, retail and tuning stations
- Indoor restrooms will remain open
- Alder Creek Cafe | Closed starting March 16
- The Lodge Restaurant & Pub | Closed starting March 16
- Northwoods Clubhouse | Closed starting March 16
Over the weekend, operational amenities will continue diligent sanitizing protocols and social distancing of tables at restaurants.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We will reevaluate closures on a weekly basis.