Teton Pass (WY 22) has been closed since Tuesday due to big snow and high avalanche danger.
The pass was scheduled to open on Wednesday then that was pushed back to Saturday and now that has been pushed back until Sunday.
Right now, WYDOT is forecasting Teton Pass to open tomorrow, Sunday, at 8am. We’ll see…
If you live in Jackson, WY you’ve basically been trapped here since all the passes and canyons leading out of town have been closed all week.
Jackson Hole ski resort has seen 40″ of snow in the past 3 days.
It’s simply insane in Jackson, WY right now…
- INBOUNDS skier-triggered avalanche CLOSED Snow King ski area yesterday.
- “State of Emergency” declared for Jackson Hole (Teton Village)
- “Massive wind storm” downed 17 power lines on Tuesday and left left Teton Village without power and the Jackson Hole ski resort closed until at least Monday.
- All the hotels in Teton Village had to be evacuated due to the loss of power.
- It’s been POURING rain up to 8,500′ Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- The Avalanche Danger was Extreme on Thursday, High on Friday, and Considerable today in the Tetons
- Avalanche Warning Issued by NOAA and Bridger-Teton Avy Center Thursday and Friday
- Flood Warning Issued by NOAA Thursday and Friday
- Teton Pass, WY closed on Tuesday and has not reopened since. It’s estimated to reopen on Sunday.
- Nearly all roads leaving Jackson, WY are currently closed. You can’t exactly leave Jackson right now…