Report from January 10, 2022
“Pucker Face” and more in the Tetons today!
Pucker Face had it all: steep turns, huge spray, big sluff, jagged cliffs, lurking rocks, firm landing, and a smooth runout.
Our 2nd line was simply as smooth as butter with spray twice as tall as a man.
The spray we were throwing up was so tall it was casting us in shadow on all of our left turns…
I was up at 4am and on the road in the pitch black and -15°F temps from Park City UT to Jackson Hole WY today for these lines…
A semi-truck just in front of me clobbered and killed an Elk – blood everywhere – I was wondering what the hell I was doing in the middle of the night in the deepest depths of the desert doing 70mph in deerlandia…
I’m done doing that drive in the dark.
This line always scares me as I lost a friend in an avalanche on this face in 2013.
Anytime I drop this line, I think of Mike and let him know I miss him and that I’m thinking of him.
Jackson was fire today.
I couldn’t be more grateful.
Today was a big day especially after that early morning drive from Utah and we’re excited to share more from this epic day with you soon!
Thanks to Owen Leeper for pushing me and getting the shot!
- 1/5/21: Teton Range, WY Report: The Deepest Day We’ve Ever Skied in the Tetons…
- 1/1/22: Tahoe Backcountry Report: Epic Sunset Ski Above Lake Tahoe on New Year’s Day
- 12/29/21: Tahoe Backcountry Report: One of the Deepest Days We’ve Skied in Tahoe…
- 12/28/21: Palisades Tahoe, CA Report: 103″ of Snow in 7-Days…
- 12/27/21: Report: CA Delta → Bear Valley → Road Closed → Delta → Mt. Lassen → Reno → Tahoe in 1-Day…
- 12/23/21: Palisades Tahoe, CA Report: Rain to Snow, Creamy Powder, 58″-88″ of Snow Forecast Next 3-Days
- 12/21/21:Palisades Tahoe, CA Report: 1st Day of the Season on KT-22 Went Off!
- 12/6/21: Revelstoke, BC Report: 60″ snowpack, 174″ of Snowfall Already This Season…
- 12/5/21: Kicking Horse, BC Report: 4,000-Vertical-Feet of Awesome
- 11/12/21: Alta, UT Report: Little Chute with Mandatory Air From the Top
- 11/10/21: Alta, UT Report: 11-Inch Powder Day & Blue Skies!
- 11/9/21: Alta, UT Report: Dark, Ominous, Alone – Main Chute in Powder Snow
- 11/8/21: Alta, UT Report: Booting Up & Skiing Down High Rustler in Scratchy Conditions…
- 11/7/21: The Alta Skiing Journal, Vol. 4: “Soft Snow Stashes in the Castle Apron”
- 11/6/21: Mt. Superior, UT Report: “Suicide Chute” – As Much Rock As Snow Yesterday
- 11/5/21: Alta, UT Report: Tight & Spicy in Little Chute…
- 11/4/21: Alta, UT Report: It’s Amazing How Much Snow Is Up Here Right Now… Gunsight Mini-Pow!
- 11/3/21: Alta, UT Report: Main Chute Top To Bottom on a Gorgeous Day
- 11/2/21: Alta, UT Report: Embarrassed & Humbled on Day #1 in Main Chute Yesterday
- 11/1/21: The Alta Skiing Journal, Vol. 3: “Trick or Treating in the Ballroom”