Brought to you by 10 Barrel Brewing
Report from April 21, 2021
We went for a long walk on Thompson Pass, AK on Tuesday.
Owen Leeper, Gabby, and I made the voyage with Gabby as our guide.
It was hot out.
Sweat pouring off my chin on the way up.
After 3,500-vertical-feet of climbing, we finally got to the top and the breeze cooled us off.
The views were unreal up there.
Jagged peaks covered the horizon in every direction.
The ski down was splendiferous.
Perfect corn from top to bottom with predictable, smooth turns everywhere.
We were pretty pumped at the car and headed straight to The Fat Mermaid in Valdez for burgers and beers.
Spring in Alaska is a good thing.
A very good thing.
Recent Alaska Reports:
- 4/24/21 –Alyeska, AK: Backflips, Long Runs, Wiggles, and Jumps Everywhere…
- 4/23/21 – Alyeska, AK: 735″ of Snow, Backflips, Costumes, Insane Views, & The Wiggle
- 4/19/21 – Pulseline Adventure, AK: High-Speed Laps Deep in the Chugach Mts Surrounded by Insane Vistas
- 4/17/21 – Pulseline Adventure, AK Report: High-Speed Sluff-Racing With a Rock Star Heli-Crew
- 4/16/21 – Pulseline Adventure, AK Report: Heli Spine Skiing With an All-Star Crew
- 4/8/21 – Alyeska, AK Report: 678″ of Snowfall This Season & Counting…
- 4/7/21 – Chugach Range, AK Report: Gorgeous Long Lines in the Best Snow We’ve Found This Week
- 4/6/21 – Chugach Range, AK Report: Wind-board, Ice, Crust, a Little Powder, & Insane Views
- 4/5/21 – Girdwood, AK Report: Stunning Vistas, Complex Avy Danger, & Blower Powder on Ice by the Sea
- 4/4/21 – Alyeska, AK Report: 674″ of Snowfall This Season + 5-Minute-Long Pow Runs
- 4/2/21 – Triple Point Expeditions, AK Heli-Ski Report: Uncompromising Vision in the World’s Greatest Mountains