[this article is sponsored by evo.com]
Top Gun = the Best of the Best. These are the burliest, sexiest, tower-buzzingest Ski Boots on the market as decided by the most reputable sources in the industry who put in the energy to test every 2016 Ski Boot out there.
We’ve aggregated the 3 Top Gun Ski Boots of 2016 according to the industry’s highest awards and displayed them here.
These are the Best of the Best. The Top Guns of Ski Boots.
Check out the:
– THE AWARD WINNING SKI BOOTS OF 2016 –
SKI BOOTS: 2016 Full Tilt Descendant 8
AWARD: Freeskier Magazine Editors’ Pick Award
– Freeskier Magazine doesn’t rank their awarded Ski Boots… We chose the 2016 Full Tilt Descendant 8 from their 27 ski boots given the Editors’ Pick Award because this boot is the reincarnation of a legendary ski boot. This boot is the continuation of the legendary Raichle Flexon ski boot first introduced in 1980 that changed freeskiing forever…
– Pick up a pair of the Full Tilt Descendant 8 at evo.com: 2016 Full Tilt Descendant 8
- Flex Rating: 8 (1 soft – 10 stiff) – Powerful & responsive energy transfer, while maintaining a smooth, natural ankle motion to eliminate shinbang! You can quickly change your flex by swapping out different flex tongues.
What Freeskier had to say about the 2016 Full Tilt Descendant 8:
Full Tilt is making big strides this year with its new Evolution shell, tailored for those with a wider footprint; in the past, the Full Tilt line has strayed to the narrower side. The Full Tilt Descendant 8 Ski Boots feature an Intuition liner for comfort and warmth as well as a stronger, metal attachment point between the tongue and shell for upped performance. The 8 is the stiffest of the new Descendant line, built for aggressive shredders.
– Freeskier Magazine
SKI BOOTS: 2016 Tecnica Cochise Pro 130
AWARD: Powder Magazine Skier’s Choice Award
– Powder Magazine doesn’t rank their awarded Ski Boots… We chose the 2016 Tecnica Cochise Pro 130 from the 27 ski boots given their Skier’s Choice award because it’s the only ski boot given their award that brings the Beef!
– Pick up a pair of the Tecnica Cochise Pro 130 at evo.com: 2016 Tecnica Cochise Pro 130
- Flex: 130 – Unrivaled control and power transmission for expert skiers.
What Powder Magazine had to say about the 2016 Tecnica Cochise Pro 130:
There are a lot of tech-alpine crossover boots out there. They all have some sort of walking function and a clever name for their rubbery soles, but few are as well-rounded as the Cochise 130. This boot is actually stiff enough for freeriding at the resort every day and has a walk mechanism coupled with enough instep volume to allow cuff travel for moderate tours. New for this year is Tecnica’s Custom Adaptive Shape liner, which can be punched and ground much like a plastic shell. Unlike other custom liners, the CAS design allows bootfitters to easily interface it with any shell work that might be needed to get them dialed. This means you get to leave the shop quickly with boots that fit, and spend more time skiing and less time in the hot seat. —ALEX BUECKING– Powder Magazine
SKI BOOTS: 2016 Dynafit Winter Guide GTX
AWARD: Backcountry Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award
– Dynafits are the old reliable of AT Ski Boots and that is why we chose the 2016 Dynafit Winter Guide GTX ski boot from the 6 boots that received Backcountry Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award.
– Pick up a pair of Dynafit Winter Guide GTX at evo.com: 2016 Dynafit Winter Guide GTX
- Flex: Medium flex
What Backcountry Magazine had to say about the 2016 Dynafit Winter Guide GTX:
Bottom Line: A proven tester favorite now features a waterproof/breathable liner.
3 thoughts on “TOP GUN: The 3 Award Winning Ski Boots of 2016”