New app to make your phone your ticket to the slopes
Epic Passes for the 2023/24 season will go on sale on March 7
In the week before its 2023/24 Epic Passes go on sale March 7, Vail Resorts today shared its upcoming Mobile Pass & Mobile Lift Ticket technology will be available to guests on a new My Epic app coming in the fall of 2023. This announcement represents the company’s continued investment in the future of the sport by leveraging impactful digital innovation to deliver a great guest experience on-mountain.
“With Mobile Pass & Mobile Lift Ticket on the new My Epic app, your phone becomes your ticket to the slopes. This innovation reflects our commitment to harnessing technology to improve your experience, making it easier to get you on the mountain faster and then help you have the best day exploring.”
– Tim April, chief information officer of Vail Resorts
Mobile Pass & Mobile Lift Ticket will be available for the 2023/24 winter season at Vail Resorts’ U.S. resorts, with availability at Whistler Blackcomb to follow in future seasons. The new technology will allow guests to buy their pass or lift ticket online, activate and store it on their phone in the new My Epic app, put their phone in their pocket, and get scanned, hands-free, via Bluetooth® technology designed for low energy usage. This reduces the need to visit the ticket window or wait to receive a pass or lift ticket in the mail. In support of the company’s Commitment to Zero sustainability commitment, this change over time will also reduce the waste created by plastic cards and RFID chips.
- Related: Move Over Siri! Vail Resorts Launches ‘Emma’, a New Chatbot to Keep Guests Informed on the Mountain
Even after the feature is launched, Vail Resorts will continue to have plastic cards available to any guests who cannot or do not want to use their phone as their pass or lift ticket. The company will also activate the plastic cards of renewing pass holders and mail plastic cards to all new guests for the 2023/24 season, as part of the transition to Mobile Pass & Mobile Lift Ticket.
Mobile Pass & Mobile Lift Ticket will be available in the new My Epic app, replacing EpicMix as a new comprehensive app in the fall of 2023. Other features on the new app will include:
- Interactive trail maps with GPS location tracking
- Real-time and predictive lift line wait times
- Personalized stats, including vertical feet, number of lift rides, and other data
- My Account and pass information, including resort access and any restricted dates associated with your pass
- Mountain and resort alerts, including operational information like grooming updates, terrain status, snow reports, and base conditions
- Direct access to ski patrol for emergency situations
- Weather updates, snow cams, and more
- Resort Charge to pay for in-resort purchases, and apply eligible Epic Mountain Rewards discounts, by scanning a barcode
My Epic will be available in the Apple App Store and Google Play App Store in the fall of 2023. Current EpicMix users can simply update the app on their mobile device, and they will see their existing personalized stats imported over – no data lost.
2 thoughts on “Vail Resorts to Launch Hands-Free Mobile Pass & Mobile Lift Ticket on New ‘My Epic’ App for the 2023/24 Winter Season”
“Even after the feature is launched, Vail Resorts will continue to have plastic cards available to any guests who cannot or do not want to use their phone as their pass or lift ticket.”
That was my concern, I often leave my phone or forget to charge it.
From Vail’s FAQ:
Q: What happens if my mobile pass is not working?
A: The My Epic App will have Live Chat functionality to help troubleshoot any issues
Wonderful! What could be more fun than doing a Live Chat while holding up the lift line on a powder day?