Report from April 15, 2023
Yesterday we got out early and the clouds were troublesome…
We worked what we could then came back to the airport when the weather shut us down.
Then, it started to clear again.
I ended up out there with 2 of my Tahoe ski buddies and no one else.
We skied killer runs off the Deserted Glacier and the Valley of the Tusk.
1 run was especially spicey.
Big, dark, consequential, and long.
We were pretty high off that run.
So much so that we simply skied it again.
After that 2nd lap the light closed out again and we flew home happy.
ALASKA 2023 REPORTS
- 4/13/23: Valdez, AK, Report: Deep, Spectacular Powder Snow
- 4/7/23: Valdez, AK Report: Knee Deep Blower Powder
- 4/5/23: Valdez, AK Report: Steep Skiing & Sluff In Our 2014 Shoup Glacier Camp Zone
- 4/3/23: Valdez, AK Report: “Alaskan Velvet” in Big Terrain With 3 World Cup Skiers
- 4/2/23: Valdez, AK Report: Skiing Above Lake Tahoe, I Mean, Valdez Harbor With 3 World Cup Ski Racers
- 3/28/23: Valdez, AK Report: Steep Skiing & Spread Eagles During a Secret Event
- 3/27/23: Valdez, AK Report: Skiing in Some of the Most Raw, Gorgeous Terrain on Earth – The Schwan Glacier
- 3/26/23: Valdez, AK, Report: Big Lines in the Shade + Happy Powder in the Sun Off the Pencil Glacier