Located just 16 miles from Bozeman, Montana, Bridger Bowl Ski Area is enjoying some mighty fine ski conditions. With 10 fresh inches in the past 24 hours, ‘The Cold Smoke’ is stocked and ready. This weekend the mountain is holding its annual King and Queen of the Ridge competition. All proceeds go toward avalanche education in southwest Montana.
KING AND QUEEN OF THE RIDGE
Hike & Ski – Ride-a-thon Fundraising Event
The money raised in this event helps support avalanche education in Southwest Montana. Collect pledges for one, two or the most ridge hikes in the five hours. 100% of the proceeds go to the Friends of the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center. $132,050 has been raised since 2003!
- Vertical Rise: 2,700 ft (2,600 ft lift-serviced)
- Skiable Terrain: 2,000 acres
- Top Elevation: 8,800 ft
- Highest Lift-Served Elevation: 8,700 ft
- Average Annual Snowfall: 350 inches
- Lift System: 1 Quad, 5 Triple, and 2 Double Chair Lifts