[this article is sponsored by Treble Cone ski area, NZ]
video by @360newzealand
The premiere Banked Slalom event of New Zealand is back again for 2016. Treble Cone is dialing in a rowdy course for local and visiting riders to battle it out. This thing is crazy fun, the prizes are sick, it’s sponsored by a beer company (read: there will be bees flying around), it only costs $40 to play, you could win $600, and there are only 80 spots this year. Get in while the gettin’ is good!
Event Details here:
- Saturday, 6 August 2016 from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM (NZST)
- Treble Cone – Treble Cone, Otago
- Payment can be made pre-event either at Guest Services on the mountain or in the Town Office.
- Event Entry Fee: $40 per entrant pre-event online registration – $50 on the day
- Event + Lift Pass: $55 per entrant pre-event online registration – $65 on the day
The premiere Banked Slalom event of New Zealand is back again for 2016, planning a challenging course again for local and visiting riders to battle it out.
Sponsored by local businesses – Wanaka Beerworks and Never Summer & Candy Grind NZ, register now for your chance to win cash prizes and other great goodies up for grabs, as well as, and most importantly the bragging rights!
There are only 80 spots available this year – so get in quick!
Format: 2 runs each, fastest time recorded – Helmets compulsory!
- Open Male
- Open Female
- Masters Male (35 y/o +)
- Masters Female (35 y/o +)
Overall Prize for Men and Women
- 1st – $600 NZD
- 2nd – $300 NZD
- 3rd – $100 NZD
Major Spot Prize: Never Summer Snowboard
This event is snowboard only, and limited to entrants 18 years of age and over