Winter Storm Warnings have been issued throughout the Western U.S. due to a storm that is expected to pound the area with snow Today-Sunday.
Grand Targhee received 6″ overnight, 4″ since 5am today, and they are expected to receive 36+” in total from this storm!
Targhee just opened their new Blackfoot Lift over the weekend, a high speed quad in-place of their old two-person lift. They have 100% of their terrain open for the season.
NOAA has issued Winter Storm Warnings today for:
- New Mexico
NOAA has issued Winter Weather Advisories for:
(there’s also a Winter Storm Watch in Nebraska, Wyoming, and South Dakota)
SNOWFALL FORECASTS TODAY by STATE:
* TOTAL SNOWFALL...20 TO 30 INCHES IN THE TETONS WITH LOCALAMOUNTS AROUND 3 FEET WITH 16 TO 24 INCHES ALONG THE GROS VENTRERANGE. SNOWFALL OF 8 TO 16 INCHES POSSIBLEIN THE JACKSON VALLEYWITH THE HEAVIER AMOUNTS TOWARDS MOOSE AND MORAN. 5 TO 6 INCHESHAVE ALREADY BEEN REPORTED BETWEEN JACKSON AND WILSON WITH UP TOA FOOT ON THE NEARBYMOUNTAINS. - NOAA Riverton, WY Today
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...LOWER ELEVATIONS...5 TO 10 INCHES OF TOTALSNOW THROUGH FRIDAY. 8 TO 15 INCHES OF SNOW WITH LOCALLY HIGHERAMOUNTS TO AROUND 20 INCHES MAINLY ABOVE 5500 TO 6000 FEET. - NOAA Boise, ID Today
Montana: 6-12″ additionally
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...AN ADDITIONAL 3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW IN THEVALLEYS. AN ADDITIONAL 6 TO 12 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS.- NOAA Billings, MT Today
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...12 TO 24 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. - NOAA Salt Lake, UT Today
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...12 TO 18 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTSUP TO 2 FEET ABOVE TIMBERLINE AND ON FAVORED ASPECTS. - NOAA Boulder, CO Today
New Mexico: 12-24″
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...BETWEEN 1 AND 2 FEET OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE INTHE SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS ABOVE CHAMA WITH LESSER AMOUNTS IN THE5 TO 10 INCH RANGE ELSEWHERE IN THE WARNING AREA.
- NOAA Albuquerque, NM Today
* SNOW AMOUNTS…2 TO 4 FEET ABOVE 8000 FEET…WITH UP TO 6 FEET ALONG THE CREST.
– NOAA Hanford, CA Today