The Western USA is about to get buried in snow today that will continue into tomorrow. Wyoming is forecasted to get the most snow with 22+” possible throughout today and into tomorrow.
Crystal Mountain, WA has already seen 20″ of snow from these storms as of this morning.
These storms are much colder than normal with low snow levels and large amounts of moisture.
NOAA has issued Winter Storm Warnings today for:
Crystal Mountain Resort, WA received 20″ overnight and there’s more on the way! Head over to their Mountain Report to check on snowfall totals. If you’re heading there today or tomorrow, don’t forget your snorkel!
NOAA has issued Winter Weather Advisories for:
(there’s also a Winter Storm Watch in Colorado and Wyoming (blue) and a High Wind Warning in Wyoming and Oregon (yellow) – see map at top of article)
SNOWFALL FORECASTS TODAY by STATE:
Oregon = 7-16″
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...7 TO 16 INCHES...ESPECIALLY ABOVE 3800FEET. - NOAA Medford, OR today
Washington = 7-12″
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...7 TO 12 INCHES...ESPECIALLY ABOVE 3800 FEET LOWERING TO BELOW 2900 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON. - NOAA Seattle, WA today
* 2 TO 5 INCHES FOR THE VALLEYS. 10 TO 12 INCHES OVER Passes. - NOAA Boise, Id today
* TOTAL SNOWFALL...POSSIBLE 10 TO 22 INCHES. - NOAA Riverton, WY today
* 2 TO 4 INCHES AT LOWER ELEVATIONS...AND 3TO 7 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS - NOAA Billings, MT today