Whistler Blackcomb has just announced that they will be investing $345 million into the “Whistler Blackcomb Renaissance”.
The $345 million in investments will come in 3 phases.
“Today we announced details of Whistler Blackcomb Renaissance, a $345 million investment that will add new four-season, weather-independent, attractions and activities, see major on-mountain winter and summer improvements, and revitalize Blackcomb’s upper and lower base areas. Renaissance is designed to elevate our core skiing, mountain biking and sightseeing experiences and continue our evolution as one of the industry’s leading four-season mountain resorts.” – Whistler Blackcomb, today
Map of Whistler Blackcomb’s Planned Improvements:
Whistler Will Use The $345 Million to Build:
- An indoor/outdoor water park
- an outdoor, non-skiing activity park
- an indoor action-sports complex
- potentially double the size of the bike park
- new chairlifts, restaurants, terrain improvements & snowmaking
- a Six-Star luxury boutique hotel, residence, and club
- 55-65 ski in/ski out townhomes
The 3 Phases of the “Whister Blackcomb Renaissance”:
- Phase 1: New Ways to Play = building the new indoor/outdoor water/sport complexes
- Phase 2: Transform = renuvation of Base II
- Phase 3: Revitalize = full makeover of Blackcomb base area
Whistler Will Potentially Double the Size of the Bike Park:
Squaw Valley just went the $50 million “Squaw Renaissance”. Squaw is owned by KSL Capital Partners and KSL also owns 24% of Whistler Blackcomb.
Learn more about the “Whistler Blackcomb Renaissance” here: