Whitefish Mountain Resort, MT, will kick off its summer operating season with Zip Line Tours, Alpine Slides, Scenic Lift Rides, and other activities this Memorial Day weekend, May 28-30.
As in past years, the resort will open gradually as the weather warms and snow continues to melt. After Memorial Day, the resort will close and reopen for the following weekend, June 4-5. The resort will run daily operations from June 11 through Sept. 5 (Labor Day) and return to weekends only on Sept. 9-11 and Sept. 16-18.
“It’s going to be another fun summer up here on the Big and we’re excited to continue offering a wide variety of family-friendly activities. We remind everyone to practice good trail etiquette, be mindful of wildlife, check the weather and terrain conditions, and plan accordingly.”
– Whitefish Mountain Resort President Nick Polumbus
Some things to consider early in the season:
- If the weather cooperates, Chair 6, Scenic Lift Rides, Zip Line Tours, Spider Monkey Mountain, the Aerial Adventure Park, and one of the two Alpine Slides will be open this weekend with limited mountain biking trails under Chair 10. Additional trails and Village Rentals will open as weather and terrain conditions permit.
- The Summit House, the Base Lodge Bar, and the Base Lodge Café will have limited menus to start the season.
- Early-season conditions, including snow and mud, exist at the middle and upper elevations of the mountain, making sections of the Danny On Trail extremely difficult to hike or even impassable.
- Summer Tubing will not be offered this year due to the construction of the new Chair 4.
- Guests can save 10% on tickets for Scenic Lift Rides, Spider Monkey Mountain, and the Whitefish Bike Park by purchasing online at least 24 hours in advance. Reservations are strongly recommended for Zip Line Tours, mountain bike rentals, and biking lessons, as availability is limited.
- Guests can save 25% on three nights or more lodging reservations before June 26. Reservations must be made online using the promo code EARLYSUMMER22. This offer can’t be combined with other discounts or promotions.
- The S.N.O.W. Bus will provide free trips between the resort and downtown Whitefish every day of the summer operating season. The bus schedule can be found at bigmtncommercial.org/snow-bus-schedule.
- Wild animals, including bears, are active this time of year. Hikers should carry bear spray and stay as far away as possible from any bears spotted on the mountain.
Pricing and other information about summer activities can be found at skiwhitefish.com/summer.